Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #1831
joeindallas
Enthusiast
joeindallas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks very much for the reply - works like a charm! Not the behavior I was expecting (from the Kindle) but this seems like a great work-around to trying to set up collections on the device. Also, thanks for the pointer to the Reading List Plugin. Checking it out now.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #1832
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Vaesse: Next time you catch one, restart calibre in debug mode, and check how the 'on device' / 'in library' match is done... It should be by UUIID, and it should survive the plugboard. AFAICT, this doesn't have much to do with this plugin in particular, since it trusts the data Calibre feeds it, but you never know .
As luck would have it... just happened again. I have verified that neither side shows the other (library does not show them on device and device does not show them in library). I also noticed (before restarting in debug mode) in the task list an error writing metadata to device.

Not sure how to tell from the log if it's using UUID or something different to "connect" books on device to books in library.

EDIT: I'm "repairing" most of the problem books, but leaving one (lengthy) series unfixed so I can continue to try to alive this issue.

Last edited by Vaesse; 02-05-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #1833
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Please ignore... Had a rummage around the plug-in settings and found what I was after (I think!)

Last edited by Yolina; 02-17-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #1834
hnielsen
hnielsen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just had to re-install my computer and Calibre + Kindle Collections with it. For the life of me, I can't get my books added to the proper collections when I add them to the Kindle.

The right collections are in place on the Kindle, but the book just appears "collection-less". I have set it up, so that all tags starting with "+" result in a created Collection; am I simply mis-remembering some stuff?

E.g. if I have a book with the "+Scifi" tag in Calibre, and I have previously created a "Scifi" collection from that tag on the Kindle, shouldn't a new book with the "+Scifi" tag, when added to the Kindle, end up in the "Scifi" collection? Sorry if I'm being extremely specific here with my description - I feel like I am missing something extremely obvious
Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #1835
Jeraw
Jeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 4 (non touch) - Likebook Mars
Kindle collections plugin problem

Hello everyone, I've been using Calibre for some time now with the collections plugin for the Kindle. However, after downloading some Victor Hugo's books, I can no longer manage my collections.

Here is the error:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.24
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xea in position 67: invalid continuation byte
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ui", line 165, in edit_kindle_collections
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_collections", line 75, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_collections", line 92, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_collections", line 112, in init_sort_order
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_collections", line 307, in get_sorted_paths
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_books", line 523, in get_sorted_paths
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sort", line 66, in sort_names
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sort", line 139, in sort_compare_kindle_names
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xea in position 67: invalid continuation byte
It mentions utf8 being a problem so I erased the accents from the filenames but it isn't working.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #1836
Jeraw
Jeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 4 (non touch) - Likebook Mars
This is far from optimal but converting my .prc files into .mobi ones solved my problem.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #1837
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeraw View Post
This is far from optimal but converting my .prc files into .mobi ones solved my problem.
Excellent solution. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #1838
bob_bookworm
bob_bookworm began at the beginning.

Hello, apologies for a probably dumb question, but before installing I was wondering whether -once my kindle device is connected- the plugin allows sending ebooks directly into specific kindle collections.

This would help saving a lot of time, rather than just sending tens of books to the device main memory and then manually working on each title in the device to have it assigned to collection A, B, C,...

Again, sorry if the question is dumb, but if this plugin is not the right tool, is there any other way to do that?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #1839
dcatalano
dcatalano began at the beginning.

Unhappy 6 collections grouping authors by last name

Hello.

Is it possible to have calibre automatically create 6 collections (A-D, E-H, I-L, M-P, Q-T, U-Z) grouping authors by their last name and putting them in one of these 6 groups?

I'm new to Calibre and this whole ebook thing. But Calibre seems so difficult to manage. Maybe somebody can explain this to me? I would be very happy to learn this.

Thank you.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #1840
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcatalano View Post
Hello.

Is it possible to have calibre automatically create 6 collections (A-D, E-H, I-L, M-P, Q-T, U-Z) grouping authors by their last name and putting them in one of these 6 groups?

I'm new to Calibre and this whole ebook thing. But Calibre seems so difficult to manage. Maybe somebody can explain this to me? I would be very happy to learn this.

Thank you.
No!
By first Letter (Of the Author_sort ) or by popularity
Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #1841
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_bookworm View Post
Hello, apologies for a probably dumb question, but before installing I was wondering whether -once my kindle device is connected- the plugin allows sending ebooks directly into specific kindle collections.

This would help saving a lot of time, rather than just sending tens of books to the device main memory and then manually working on each title in the device to have it assigned to collection A, B, C,...

Again, sorry if the question is dumb, but if this plugin is not the right tool, is there any other way to do that?
Yes, that's what the Kindle Collections plug-in is there to do.

Have a look at the very first post on this thread. It may look complicated but if you take it step by step you'll find it works very nicely indeed.

It's a pity the Kindle doesn't support a more sophisticated collections arrangement (no subdirectories are allowed).

You don't say which Kindle model you have. I hope it isn't a Kindle Touch, as the plug-in can't be made to work with that model.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #1842
pachobv
pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePaperwhite
Guys is this still not working on kindle paperwhite?

Tank you!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #1843
bob_bookworm
bob_bookworm began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araucaria View Post
Yes, that's what the Kindle Collections plug-in is there to do...

You don't say which Kindle model you have. I hope it isn't a Kindle Touch, as the plug-in can't be made to work with that model.
Thank you for your patience, actually after reading more carefully the very first post I realized that my question was really a VERY dumb one.

I have a DX model, so the plug-in should work fine.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:31 AM   #1844
meryvn
meryvn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm having a problem with the kindle collections plugin where it runs all 4 jobs fine then gives me the success dialog box, but as soon as i click ok it starts to run again. It does this for as long as i have left it until i physically pull the plug on the kindle or shut Calibre down?

Has anyone else seen this issue and if so is there anything i can do to stop it?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #1845
Deep Cover
Deep Cover began at the beginning.

Does jailbreaking a paperwhite make sense if the collections thing is your only problem?

I was disappointed on getting a paperwhite to find out that this plugin doesn't work with that model. I've found Collections to be very, very helpful in managing my previous kindle.

It's been mentioned in this thread that you can manage collections via Calibre if you "jailbreak" the paperwhite, and there's a thread on the Kindle Developer's Forum discussing that.

I'm not entirely incompetent or tech-phobic, but I don't think I was really able to follow the discussion in the Developer's Forum, and I don't understand the implications of a jailbreak (or even what the term means).

Is it worthwhile to jailbreak my paperwhite just to get the Collections functionality back; and what notes of caution should I be aware of in deciding whether to do it?
Closed Thread