Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
360 plus, 360 plus new and manual

while researching where to buy a 360+, I came across the existence of a 360+ new (model 512), with a firmware dated 29 February: any ideas of what this is, and what is the lastest firmware version?

Also, I could not find a manual in English for the 360+, has anybody got a copy?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Hi Paola,
My fw is 15.4 (17.10.2011)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39132661/Use...0_Plus(EN).pdf

EDIT:

I watched a bit and found that
my pb360+ is model 511 with processor FreeScale i.MX35 ARM11 533MHz,
and yet there is a new model 512 with fw 15.6 and processor Freescale 800MHz.

I'm wondering if I could install 15.6 fw on my model???

Last edited by nausica; 03-21-2012 at 09:37 AM.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausica View Post
Hi Paola,
My fw is 15.4 (17.10.2011)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39132661/Use...0_Plus(EN).pdf

EDIT:

I watched a bit and found that
my pb360+ is model 511 with processor FreeScale i.MX35 ARM11 533MHz,
and yet there is a new model 512 with fw 15.6 and processor Freescale 800MHz.

I'm wondering if I could install 15.6 fw on my model???
thanks Nausica - I am not sure whether it is a good idea to put the firmware of the 512 model, just in case it messes up your machine completely: I'd first ask the guys who sold you the device (by the way, where did you get yours?)
Old 03-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thanks Nausica - I am not sure whether it is a good idea to put the firmware of the 512 model, just in case it messes up your machine completely: I'd first ask the guys who sold you the device (by the way, where did you get yours?)
I thought about it, and came to your own opinion.
I did not think to try it, just wondered... (I'll wait until someone else does a guinea pig )
I think this difference between the processors, certainly influence the differences between the fw.

I bought mine pb at PocketGoods....... It arrived in 7 days
Old 03-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
In the 6" and 9" series the 0X and 1X versions were the same, so I guess 360+ and 512 will be compatible as well, but I can understand you not wanting to be the guinea pig.
I'll try to contact Forkosigan in the german section if it will work.

Last edited by troll05; 03-21-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Typo
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
paola
Wizard

thanks a lot - just ordered two of them from the Pocketbook site, which is the cheapest, and glad to report that upon registering I also got a €5 discount coupon that I could redeem immediately with the purchase. And thanks to google translate, I managed around German (totally misterious to me ).

pity they only have one colour available, at least I am forced not to be sexist!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
nausica
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
In the 6" and 9" series the 0X and 1X versions were the same, so I guess 360+ and 512 will be compatible as well, but I can understand you not wanting to be the guinea pig.
I'll try to contact Forkosigan in the german section if it will work.
I love my little pb to much, to risk breaking it.
Hope that forkosigan knows something about this fw.
Thanks

@Paola
I'm sure your parents will like the presents
Thanks for karma

Last edited by nausica; 03-22-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 AM   #8
Notrite
Enthusiast
Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PB360+
512(with the 800mhz processor)'s firmware is NOT compatible with 511(with 533mhz processor). Read it here.

To be honest I dont why they still choose Vizplex over Pearl for this hardware upgrade when they are promoting the new 622 with pearl screens. they also need to work on a better product name, i mean are they just gonna name the next version "Pocketbook 360 plus New Improved"?
Notrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #9
nausica
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrite View Post
512(with the 800mhz processor)'s firmware is NOT compatible with 511(with 533mhz processor). Read it here.
Thanks Notrite
Old 03-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I have one of the new Dark Blue ones...mine is 533 processor me thinks.....have to say much better than my original 360 that died on me. quicker page turns...wing buttons almost silent..and viziplex screen is better than my Opus that is more than a year old....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
paola
Wizard

I've just reveiced my order: arrived really quickly, considering I ordered them on Wednesday night and by Monday they were already here (while I was not ): so, great service from Pocketbook Germany, I have to say!

I am now getting ready to prepare them for my parents, but being a present I'd like to keep them as pristine as possible: the 360+ does not come with a charger, but I could leave the USB cables in their wrappers (plus, I don't want to leave the laptop on all night just to charge the readers, btw) and use the chargers from the 360: does anybody know whether using a charger from the 360 will "fry" the 360+? Perhaps this is a pathetic question, but I am that ignorant!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I guess there won't occur any problems.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
If they still charge via USB there should be no issue.
I charge my (original) PB360 from my XBOX, PC, Kindle charger, or cellphone booster battery, whatever happens to be handy.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #14
paola
Wizard

thank you guys - only now I realised that I was not clear anough, what I meant was whether the 360 wall charger is going to fry the 360+: what do you reckon? Sorry for being daft!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #15
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thank you guys - only now I realised that I was not clear anough, what I meant was whether the 360 wall charger is going to fry the 360+: what do you reckon? Sorry for being daft!
For my PB360 PocketBook supplied generic USB charger. Nothing special. Not even bearing PB trademark.

PB360+ can be charged with any generic USB charger of reasonable quality
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote