Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibare143 View Post
I have 1.6.4 full version that will not shut down. Set Sync folder to books and still have problem. I do Force stop after exit. Sent email to Mantano support but they never got back with me. It works fine otherwise.
Try a custom folder with just epubs and pdfs and see if that fixes it. I have a feeling it's getting stuck on something Amazon put in there.

Make sure in Settings/My Books/Synch Folders The folder /mnt. is removed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #17
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!
yogibare143 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, kindle Fire
I removed /mnt. Had it set to my epub folder and still had same problem.
yogibare143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:12 AM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I removed /mnt. Had it set to my epub folder and still had same problem.
Try to restart the Fire afterwards, something might be stuck.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #19
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!

Just did restart and still have problem. Also tried uninstall and reinstall. It works fine other than not closing. Takes me to last page read in book when opened.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Just did restart and still have problem. Also tried uninstall and reinstall. It works fine other than not closing. Takes me to last page read in book when opened.
You should be exiting out of the book before closing. By hitting the back button in Mantano it should go from open book to book list screen then to Fire home screen.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:48 AM   #21
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!

I tried back arrow out and still same problem. I can live with problem. Started converting my epub's to mobi so will only use Mantano for PDF's.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #22
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You should be exiting out of the book before closing. By hitting the back button in Mantano it should go from open book to book list screen then to Fire home screen.
Ok, I just imported a book into Mantano and opened it to make sure it was working alright. Thought maybe to help with yogi's problem. I was wondering if it closed before cause I didn't have a book opened. It's working fine. I use the arrows to back out and it closes the app.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:05 AM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Ok, I just imported a book into Mantano and opened it to make sure it was working alright. Thought maybe to help with yogi's problem. I was wondering if it closed before cause I didn't have a book opened. It's working fine. I use the arrows to back out and it closes the app.

Carol
It could be a bad book on his part. I know I have to hit the back button 4 times. twice in book, twice out of book before it closes down.

Happy it's fixed for you.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #24
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
Agreed. I think there was an issue in an earlier version of Android that was resolved, but the urban legend continues.

If you really need to stop an app, just go to settings -> applications -> the app name -> force stop button

While not absolutely necessary, if you need to shut down a misbehaving App you should gracefully shut it down using Quick System Info Pro, Processes Tab, touch the App, and select End Task.

Force Stop is as the name implies. Whenever I see Force Close or Force Stop I know this is usually a last resort option.

Quick System Info Pro is not a task killer by design. Quick System Info Pro is a utility application for quick access of the basic system information for your Android platform, including information for CPU, memory, SD Card, running processes, network states and installed applications.

One of the main uses for Quick System Info Pro is to identify Apps that are imposing their will at Startup without people knowing it. Quick System Info Pro should be used in conjunction with Startup Cleaner 2.0 to limit unnecessary Startup Apps which can become a drain on the Fire's 512 MB memory.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-29-2011 at 07:14 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I think Mantano is probably the best pdf viewer on the Fire, mainly for the option to cut margins, but it does seem a bit laggy. I guess thats just the way it is?
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #26
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I think Mantano is probably the best pdf viewer on the Fire, mainly for the option to cut margins, but it does seem a bit laggy. I guess thats just the way it is?
PDF takes alot of rendering. I've never used PDF with Mantano I prefer epub which as no speed issues.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #27
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
PDF takes alot of rendering. I've never used PDF with Mantano I prefer epub which as no speed issues.
Oh I agree absolutely. A friend and I were having PDF wars today and I must admit his Nook Touch rendered PDF (with reflow) better than any kindle Ive ever seen, and so that led me to try out Mantano's support. All in all Im pleasantly surprised, but I dont know if I will swap out fbreader for its epub support.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Oh I agree absolutely. A friend and I were having PDF wars today and I must admit his Nook Touch rendered PDF (with reflow) better than any kindle Ive ever seen, and so that led me to try out Mantano's support. All in all Im pleasantly surprised, but I dont know if I will swap out fbreader for its epub support.
Last time I tried FBReader it wouldn't read style sheets correctly. Has this changed?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #29
volwrath
Guru

Quote:
Last time I tried FBReader it wouldn't read style sheets correctly. Has this changed?
No, that is correct afaik. It still ignores it.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
No, that is correct afaik. It still ignores it.
Okay. I have to have an epub reader that displays styles correctly. Right now Mantano does this wonderfully with Cool Reader and Nook being the other ones.