Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
yuhuanjoan
yuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Thumbs up Wow! I'd like to own one InkCase Plus, and you?

I like the design. Share with you.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-android-phone
yuhuanjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't really see the point of it, to be honest.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
yuhuanjoan
yuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animalsyuhuanjoan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't really see the point of it, to be honest.
It had explained in the kickstarter web. It is the second screen for Android smartphones. You can check it.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I know - I've read it. But I still don't see the point of it. I wouldn't buy one.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
bobstro
Zealot
bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014,Hisense Sero Pro 7,Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
I'd definitely be interested if the eink display can be a few feet away from the phone. Trying to view a LED display in the Arizona summer sun is, at best, a headache. This would be perfect when out in the field. The display eats most of my battery, and if this lets me get an extra day out of it on the road, I'd be very happy.
bobstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
You can buy a Kindle 4 at the same price, and it has a bigger screen.

No, I wouldn't buy one. Too small, and while the e-ink itself is efficient, the Bluetooth isn't and will drain your device.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Maybe if I had a bicycle

But probably I am missing the point.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
The problem with these eink companion devices is that they always make the displays too small. They don't match the current crop of phones out there. Why can't they make them with 4.5" screens?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #9
yuhuanjoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
You can buy a Kindle 4 at the same price, and it has a bigger screen.

No, I wouldn't buy one. Too small, and while the e-ink itself is efficient, the Bluetooth isn't and will drain your device.
You are right, I just like its design, seems like a e-ink case for my HD screen Android phone.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:17 AM   #10
bobstro
Zealot
bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014,Hisense Sero Pro 7,Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
It's a supplementary display for essential information, so I don't think a large format display of the same size as the main phone is necessary. I just want see caller information and notes clearly in bright daylight. If it's environmentally sealed better than the phone, so much the better. A Kindle certainly won't do everything this will.
bobstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 AM   #11
fratermus
e-bookworm
fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, K3, KF2, Touch (dying)
How about a touch/PW with bluetooth that could mirror your phone screen.

This would address the size issue and would not require a dedicated single-use device.
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:59 AM   #12
hardwall
hardwall began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The problem with these eink companion devices is that they always make the displays too small. They don't match the current crop of phones out there. Why can't they make them with 4.5" screens?
i think this is the problem of the screen provider E ink. Also the e ink screen has a wider border than LCD in phones.
hardwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwall View Post
i think this is the problem of the screen provider E ink. Also the e ink screen has a wider border than LCD in phones.
As long as the displays remain this small, I'm not interested.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:34 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobstro View Post
It's a supplementary display for essential information, so I don't think a large format display of the same size as the main phone is necessary.
It is if you're going to read books on them; a feature they're promoting.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:24 AM   #15
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
In my case, such a small screen doesn't mean much (well, I don't even use a ios/ android phone...). Yet, if the developers are reading this by any chance: This can be incredibly useful with a large/ touch screen for Ipad/ bigger android tablets...
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, book, mobile