Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #1306
Dipsomaniac
Dipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclements View Post
Could you share the ePUB so we can see what's going on?
I've done a factory reset and upgrade and epubs are working again, but I'm not the only one that's seen this problem. We shouldn't have to nuke the reader from orbit to install an upgrade.
Dipsomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #1307
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
Well, I tried installing the 2.1.4 firmware linked up there.

And, of course, it crashes my Kobo whenever I try to open a sideloaded epub that worked on the 1.9 firmware.
This happened to me when I had a corrupted Db, and only when that was true. A factory reset gives you a new, uncorrupted Db. A bad book (I'm blaming a particular .mobi file for my problem) will do that.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #1308
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Updated mine by the direct route. It does seem a bit more sprightly, but the down-sweep to open the editing screen seems to have gone, which is a shame.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #1309
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Updated mine by the direct route. It does seem a bit more sprightly, but the down-sweep to open the editing screen seems to have gone, which is a shame.
Gah, UK is allowed to update and NL is not, how "grrr"!

A shame about the swipe down gone
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #1310
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Gah, UK is allowed to update and NL is not, how "grrr"!
No, I downloaded the file from the link a bit earlier. I'm too impatient to wait for the official route!

Quote:
A shame about the swipe down gone
Yes - an odd thing to get rid of. Ah well, something else to put on the wish-list.
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #1311
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, I downloaded the file from the link a bit earlier. I'm too impatient to wait for the official route!
Aaah I was indeed wondering after I replied if that's what you meant by "the direct route." Oh well. I have also downloaded 2.1.4 (twice, even!), but haven't updated yet. I think I will wait a few days to see if the rollout will reach NL soon enough for me. I have no problems with 2.1.1 right now so no rush, and I think it might be time for me to stick to what Kobo wants me to do instead of update "illegally" whenever I'm not satisfied with what they give me.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #1312
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
I have no problems with 2.1.1 right now so no rush, and I think it might be time for me to stick to what Kobo wants me to do instead of update "illegally" whenever I'm not satisfied with what they give me.
I was really trying to wait, but I needed a distraction from reworking course materials ...
Old 10-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #1313
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
I was really trying to wait, but I needed a distraction from reworking course materials ...
Hahaha. Right. I'm trying to not get distracted from work because, well, that work needs to be done while distraction can wait.

But you know, you have an ereader... I think, I think, that it should be able to also show you a bunch of letters organised into words and sentences and paragraphs... those are often also nice distractions
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #1314
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Hahaha. Right. I'm trying to not get distracted from work because, well, that work needs to be done while distraction can wait.

But you know, you have an ereader... I think, I think, that it should be able to also show you a bunch of letters organised into words and sentences and paragraphs... those are often also nice distractions
So true, but they are distractions that can last for hours ... but I've ended up back on the forums instead after being so good at merely lurking for a week.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #1315
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
So true, but they are distractions that can last for hours ... but I've ended up back on the forums instead after being so good at merely lurking for a week.
Haha yeah, it's good to see you around again I love mobileread. But I also hate it, because I just never seem to read my book any more. It's alway "ah cuppa tea, sit down with book, but first just check mobileread" and then end up spending all my time on mr instead of reading. Sigh.

(Only slightly off topic )
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #1316
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Haha yeah, it's good to see you around again I love mobileread. But I also hate it, because I just never seem to read my book any more. It's alway "ah cuppa tea, sit down with book, but first just check mobileread" and then end up spending all my time on mr instead of reading. Sigh.

(Only slightly off topic )
Oh, yes - I know all about that. I actually look forward to the notifications in my inbox ...

Anyway, better get back on topic before we get told off!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #1317
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Oh, yes - I know all about that. I actually look forward to the notifications in my inbox ...
Hahaha. I turned those off. But mainly because I'd usually already seen the posts before I got the mail
Quote:
Anyway, better get back on topic before we get told off!
Mmmm good idea. Although there's not really much left to say about 2.0.0 as it's old news now
Old 10-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #1318
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Mmmm good idea. Although there's not really much left to say about 2.0.0 as it's old news now
Good point - I'd forgotten which thread we were on!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #1319
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Good point - I'd forgotten which thread we were on!

Oh! I've finally reached my goal! The first page of the Kobo Reader forum has no more bold text. Off to bed for me!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #1320
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:

Oh! I've finally reached my goal! The first page of the Kobo Reader forum has no more bold text. Off to bed for me!
Sleep well!