Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #316
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why would it be a refurbished unit? It's supposed to be a new unit.

The phone number is 1-877-718-7669.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:45 PM   #317
mlbspike
Enthusiast
mlbspike began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, PRS505
Perhaps a different offer. It had the following instructions:

Follow the steps below to place a new order at the promotional price of $49.95 + $10.00 shipping and handling.
1) Click here to access the Sony Rewards catalog.
2) Enter your Sony Rewards Username and Password, if you're not already logged in, or register.
3) Click "Add to Cart" to place the Reader(TM), Model # FRPRS500U, in your cart. The price will automatically adjust to $59.95 at checkout. This special price expires January 31, 2008.
4) Complete your checkout.

The link was:
https://www.sonyrewards.com/en/login...?pid=FRPRS500U

I don't get the discount in the cart, because I'm not a "new" card holder (so the csr told me).

Does not appear to be refurb after all ... my mistake.
mlbspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 04:01 AM   #318
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
I got to order one tonight through the rewards website again!
Still haven't received an email however after reading that orders were taken for members here I gave it a shot and have a confirmation of order, hopefully this time I'll get a confirmed *shipping* date instead of the dreaded cancellation email like back in Oct.

As soon as I added the prs500 (search rewards site for Reader, not the drop down box with only 505 & accessories listed) the special price was automatically adjusted and I only had to purchase the 58.xx points.

Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #319
richfei
richfei began at the beginning.

Device: 123123
I logged in and searched for reader. Was able to add to the cart and checkout. Got the confirmation email.

Tried for my wife's account, added the item but the item was out of stock. She received the email funnily enough and I didn't. I followed the instructions in the email but the item was out of stock still.

I called Sony and the CSR indicated that he could take over the account and try and place the order himself. He tried and it worked.

Came to $58.72. Would take 3 days to ship and 7-10 days to get here. Won't get it for Xmas, but happy to even be able to place the order
richfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #320
jpfletcher
jpfletcher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I had to call the Customer Service again and the CSR was able to order the Reader for me. This is finally over.
jpfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #321
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
don't see any 500's on their site
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #322
jpfletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
don't see any 500's on their site
Give them a call. They were able to finally help me order one.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #323
pmintpatty
pmintpatty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
By searching sonyrewards site for PRS 500 as mentioned in this thread, Fzzt #318, I was able to place an order, again, & immediately received the order confirmation, again. At this point not being very optimistic I am waiting for the Order Cancellation, again.
pmintpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #324
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Be nice is they would sub a 505 for the 500 as they show 500's out of stock
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:27 AM   #325
GreatBear
GreatBear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Sony Reader
Sony Called!

Shock! Amazement! Had a msg from Sony Rewards on my machine today telling me I could call back & they'd place my order, which I did. Got an email confirmation shortly thereafter. Now it's just to wait, I guess.
GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #326
joedreamer
joedreamer began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Sony Rewards Shipping Confirmation

Thank you for your recent Sony Rewards order. Your order has shipped! Please note that items may ship separately.

Finally nearly 3 months late
joedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #327
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
YEA ... I just tried it today and I was able to add it and check out. Never heard from Sony Reward like they said they would. Now lets see how long it will take to actually get it.

SO sad it had to take this long. Sony made excuses but they are a HUGE company that should taken care of this when it happen. I hope they get a kickback from the Sony Credit card because I never used it and is going to cancel it when I get the reader.
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #328
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Last night I received the email saying it's been shipped. Finally the ordeal is over!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #329
jpfletcher

I never received the email telling me that I could order. I called and they placed the order for me. I received a confirmation email. I never got an email telling me that it had shipped, but my Sony CC shows a charge for the Reader and I was told that my card would not be charged until it has shipped. I am hoping that they shipped it.

I am also hoping that I get it before Jan. 3, because that's when I am going to Mexico for two weeks and it would be nice to have it.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #330
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
Same message as JoeDreamer, order has shipped. No tracking information it seems.
Those of you who have gotten them from sony rewards, what shipping company did they use or was it USPS?

Now I'm starting to get excited!
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote