Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #16
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I've been almost tempted to get a PRS-505 for library books but there just aren't enough titles to convince me and I know I would find the lack of search and dictionary lookup annoying. If I read romances I'd be all over it since that seems to be what my library has the most of. So far I've managed to get quite a few good books in Mobipocket but it seems the newer additions are overwhelmingly Adobe. I'm in wait-and-see mode. If another device that I like better comes out with Adobe DRM support, I'll jump on it. I'm hoping to get a larger format reader at some point anyway that will handle PDF for my tech books.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Lilly, glad to see someone understands! I bought the bundle from Amazon around Christmas. I hope you downloaded all the free books from eHarlequin!

I see you have both. If you check out library books with the Sony, why did you get the Kindle? Or was that first? If so, what do you now use the kindle for? (I'm really trying to do everything I can to justify a second reader!)
I did download the eHarlequin free books, now I'm waiting for the January 29th downloads for their anniversary. I got the Kindle on October 24th because the price was right; I paid $209 for it. I probably would not have bought a Kindle at this time if it was not for Oprah; I was waiting for Kindle 2 and then she offered the coupon. I Also used a $100 gift certificate, so I was able to take $150 off the price so I bought it! I like the prices at the Amazon bookstore, whispernet and getting a sample of a book before buying. A co-worker had a Kindle and eventhough I loved my Sony, I admit I thought her Kindle was cool. I also wanted a back-up reader just in case.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks. I missed the Oprah deal, but a co-worker told me it was the best thing since sliced bread. She was right. The samples did it for me. And the fact that I am used to going to Amazon for book purchases. But having a back up sounds like a good idea.

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I paid $209 for it. I probably would not have bought a Kindle at this time if it was not for Oprah; I was waiting for Kindle 2 and then she offered the coupon.
Wait, how did you do that. The Kindle is $359 and the Oprah coupon was $50 off, so it should have been $309.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Wait, how did you do that. The Kindle is $359 and the Oprah coupon was $50 off, so it should have been $309.

BOb
I had $100 gift certificate from my birthday. Like I stated in the post, I was able to take $150 off with the gift certificate and the Oprah coupon. Since the $100 was given to me, the $209 did not look as bad as $359.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I had $100 gift certificate from my birthday. Like I stated in the post, I was able to take $150 off with the gift certificate and the Oprah coupon. Since the $100 was given to me, the $209 did not look as bad as $359.
Ah.. ok... I wasn't clear from your message. I read it that you got it for $209 AND used a $100 gift cert that you had.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote