Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I figured out what those "free" sample songs are. Prior to Amazon selling individual songs, I used to buy CD's of complete albums from them. Those "free" songs are merely the rest of those albums which I never used. I used to rip off only one or two songs from each CD to actually use.

Evidently, Amazon has placed those entire CD's into the Cloud for my use. Thus, I probably can download them since I actually paid for them many years ago.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I found it. It's called Cloud Player Premium and it's $25/year for 250,000 songs.
Yep I pay it and it's well worth it to have my entire music collection at my tips. I can listen to it on my PC/Tablets/Phone and TV and I can download it. No need to have a huge external drive or mp3 player for it anymore.

My only wish is we could connect it more than one account. Hubby has his own account and now he has the Fire he no longer can listen to his music on it but he can on all other devices. The music is on my account only.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I figured out what those "free" sample songs are. Prior to Amazon selling individual songs, I used to buy CD's of complete albums from them. Those "free" songs are merely the rest of those albums which I never used. I used to rip off only one or two songs from each CD to actually use.

Evidently, Amazon has placed those entire CD's into the Cloud for my use. Thus, I probably can download them since I actually paid for them many years ago.
Yep! It's Amazon new marketing ploy. If you buy a participating CD you get the digital download of that album for free. The problem is Amazon has hiked up the price of a MP3 Albums since launch and lower the price of the CDs so you will buy them instead.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
My preferred method for listening to music is to stream it. My two favorite sites for mixed streaming are AOL Radio and TuneIn Radio. For streaming music on demand, I use YouTube. When there's no wifi connection, I use retro streaming - FM radio.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tune In Radio problem.

Quote:
My preferred method for listening to music is to stream it. My two favorite sites for mixed streaming are AOL Radio and TuneIn Radio. For streaming music on demand, I use YouTube. When there's no wifi connection, I use retro streaming - FM radio.
I have TuneIn Radio Pro working on my HD 2012 and my PC. For some reason the Amazon site shows a red "X" on it for the HDX 2013 so I cannot use it there. Maybe they are working on the problem.

I also like Pandora which shapes the songs to my tastes and sometimes gives me a chance to buy them at Amazon.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-23-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I use Tune In Radio sometimes. I prefer my own playlists though. It's all streaming from Amazon's Cloud Player.

The genres I listen to aren't on radio much or have change so much I no longer recognize it.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #22
sirmaru
Wizard

TunIn Radio for news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use Tune In Radio sometimes. I prefer my own playlists though. It's all streaming from Amazon's Cloud Player.

The genres I listen to aren't on radio much or have change so much I no longer recognize it.
I use TuneIn Radio for news and commentary - not music, by the way. I just wish they would fix it so it could run on the HDX 2013.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I use TuneIn Radio for news and commentary - not music, by the way. I just wish they would fix it so it could run on the HDX 2013.
Grab it from the wifes HD and sideload it. Oh the free version is available though! Wow $6.99 for the app now That's crazy I remember when it was 99 cents!

Last edited by Blossom; 10-23-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Grab it from the wifes HD and sideload it. Oh the free version is available though! Wow $6.99 for the app now That's crazy I remember when it was 99 cents!
I got it as a free app of the day.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I got it as a free app of the day.
Me too but I would have paid 99 cents but not $7!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I also like Pandora which shapes the songs to my tastes and sometimes gives me a chance to buy them at Amazon.
I dropped Pandora when they put the 40 hour limit on it. Since they lifted that limit, I'm slowly listening to it again; but it has too many commercials when compared to AOL Radio. So I don't listen all that often. AOL Radio is much better in my opinion.

Of course, this is all very subjective since it's about music - YMMV
Old 10-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #27
sirmaru
Wizard

Paid annual fee.

Quote:
I dropped Pandora when they put the 40 hour limit on it. Since they lifted that limit, I'm slowly listening to it again; but it has too many commercials when compared to AOL Radio. So I don't listen all that often. AOL Radio is much better in my opinion.

Of course, this is all very subjective since it's about music - YMMV
I paid an annual fee to Pandora so I don't get ads. However, sometimes when I send too many "Thumbs Down," the won't let me send any more of them. When that happens, I move on to another station.

I have Pandora on my 6 Grace Internet radios where I listen to it. I rarely use it on my Fires.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #28
Giddeaon
Ex Libris....Vita
Giddeaon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
However, isolated reading without music is a primitive way to read IMHO..
So, by your statement, you seem to think that reading without distractions is "primitive"? Maybe my brain doesn't multi-task in the same ways that yours does, but when I'm reading a good book I wish to tune out the world. That's the joy of reading for millions of people; to leave the common world behind and play - even if only for a moment - in an imaginary one. That act is one of the most sophisticated and creative acts available to mankind. How would muddying that experience with music (or any other background noise) somehow elevate it from a primitive means of reading to a sophisticated one? I'm not trying to start an argument, but your comment is insulting to anyone who loves the pure joy of reading without distraction. I'd rethink the wording.
Giddeaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddeaon View Post
So, by your statement, you seem to think that reading without distractions is "primitive"? Maybe my brain doesn't multi-task in the same ways that yours does, but when I'm reading a good book I wish to tune out the world. That's the joy of reading for millions of people; to leave the common world behind and play - even if only for a moment - in an imaginary one. That act is one of the most sophisticated and creative acts available to mankind. How would muddying that experience with music (or any other background noise) somehow elevate it from a primitive means of reading to a sophisticated one? I'm not trying to start an argument, but your comment is insulting to anyone who loves the pure joy of reading without distraction. I'd rethink the wording.
I can't read with music. I've tried but music is something I can't just listen to. I must experience it that means my brain can't read my book if I am experiencing the music. I know some can though. I even bought a classical album called reading music. Didn't work. Some people can read while the TV is blasting not me. I need quiet and no distractions.

I read fiction though. Sirmaru reads non fiction. Maybe that's the difference.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I read fiction while listening to music. I find it very easy to do and not distracting in the least.