Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Seaching Music doesn't work!

I have to say search function on the HDX is super buggy. On music it doesn't work. I type in a term is says 200 results then immediately goes to no results found!

Let's start with a simple song title: Silver Bells now I have probably 25 different versions on the Cloud and it can't find anything. If I type in the letter A only one Album shows up.

I have over 245 Albums on the Cloud that's 4250 songs and it can't find anything.

I am sending in a bug report.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-30-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Search works perfectly for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have to say search function on the HDX is super buggy. On music it doesn't work. I type in a term is says 200 results then immediately goes to no results found!

Let's start with a simple song title: Silver Bells now I have probably 25 different versions on the Cloud and it can't find anything. If I type in the letter A only one Album shows up.

I have over 245 Albums on the Cloud that's 4250 songs and it can't find anything.

I am sending in a bug report.
The search function for music works perfectly for me. I tested the Cloud and the Device. It searches both album and song names.

I first tapped Music from the main menu and then tapped either Cloud or Device.

Maybe your WiFi was not on or your router was having a problem at the time.

Try a search on your Device. WiFi is not required for that.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
WiFi is fine as it finds books and audiobooks and docs with the same word just not music. I am doing a factory reset and hope that fixes if not looks like I will be calling for another replacement.

Edit: Get this did a factory reset and now it's downloading an update! it told me I was up to date last time. I hope it knows what it is doing!

Double Edit:
It works! I can search for music now! Now I hope everything works okay! I am tried of messing with this thing!

Oh this looks new! 13.3.0.5 is the firmware when the websites shows 13.3.0.2. I wonder if they got my email and pushed the update out to me!

Last edited by Blossom; 10-30-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote