Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
jubcoo
jubcoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Adding indents / removing line spacing for news

Hi,

I am new to calibre. I want my news articles that I downloaded through Calibre to be converted in such a manner that new paragraphs are indented and there is no line space between paragraphs. Under Preferences - Conversion, I checked 'remove spacing between paragraphs' but this doesn't seem to have an effect.

Please advise, than, you.
jubcoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubcoo View Post
Hi,

I am new to calibre. I want my news articles that I downloaded through Calibre to be converted in such a manner that new paragraphs are indented and there is no line space between paragraphs. Under Preferences - Conversion, I checked 'remove spacing between paragraphs' but this doesn't seem to have an effect.

Please advise, than, you.
Make sure you restart Calibre after you changed the setting to "remove spacing between paragraphs" and the time you tried to fetch the news again.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-17-2010 at 05:53 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
jubcoo
jubcoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
This did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
jubcoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubcoo View Post
This did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
I don't know if you can effect what you want inside the recipe but you may want to try posting in the Custom Recipe thread.

Update: You might want to look into default extra css. Putting this in your extra css (under look and feel) might help with the indent / spacing.

Code:
p {margin: 0; padding: 0; text-indent:1.1em;}
div {margin: 0; padding: 0; text-indent:1.1em;}
And you said you always have remove space between paragraphs checked. I don't know what know what else might help. There are css wise folks around here that might be able to help.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-18-2010 at 05:40 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
FlaSheridn
FlaSheridn began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle 1
Thumbs down CSS override not working

I’m having the opposite problem; I’ve got some poetry where the lines are marked with style dd, and I need to remove the left margin to fit on the iPad in two-page mode. The following does override the font (necessary for some Old English characters) but not the indentation. (I got the idea from http://www.the-art-of-web.com/css/format-dl/, plus some old CSS (tweaked and reversed) I use with Safari to get real paragraphs in normal text.)

dd { font-family: "Times New Roman, Times"; text-indent: 0em ! important; margin: 0 ! important; padding: 0 0 0 0 ! important}
FlaSheridn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert