Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
PocketBook 360 AVAILABLE! (but, please, read below about the retail box)

YES, FINALLY, PB360 is available in the USA! The price looks very attractive, I think so: $239.99. Please, visit www.PocketBookReader.com to make an order.

IMPORTANT!!! Until approximately November 20, PocketBooks will be shipped WITHOUT cardboard retail box due to extreme slowliness of some printers in some state...

I thought that MR members were not very much into nice packaging, but rather into device itself. That's why I couldn't wait no more until some printers in some states will make up their mind and move their... printing equipment...)))) and decided to 'softlaunch' PB 360 without a retail box. Don't worry - they will be tripple-bubble-wrapped and delivered with no damage (remember the cover, also!).

For those who want to purchase PB360 for a gift to somone else - please, allow some more time, until the boxes are there. I understand that this is against all marketing rules and blah-blah-blah... but I was sure somehow that you, folks would understand me here: a device in hands now is more important than later, but with a pile of nicely printed cardboard that goes to garbage anyway. Am I right?

Last edited by Yar-PocketBooker; 11-12-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

where are you, everybody?
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #3
Ebiumn
Connoisseur
Ebiumn doesn't litterEbiumn doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kindle Voyage
I am in England, just checked the site and its almost $100 to ship it, why can't they be distributed from Europe as the cost would be lower, or even find a UK distributor.

thx

Darren
Ebiumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebiumn View Post
... why can't they be distributed from Europe as the cost would be lower
It *is* distributed also from within EU.
Contact our member Forkosigan

Just like Yar-PocketBooker he is just about to start official distribution. Last time I checked he still had some units in original (Russian) retail box.

BUT!
The cost is not lower ;-)
From USA you can purchase very cheap unit and you have to pay high post cost, plus customs. On the other hand, unit you can purchase from Germany is more expensive, so it just levels out ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:04 AM   #5
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebiumn View Post
I am in England, just checked the site and its almost $100 to ship it, why can't they be distributed from Europe as the cost would be lower, or even find a UK distributor.

thx

Darren
If you ship it with USPS Priority Mail, it's only 45 USD.
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 02:12 AM   #6
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,
Very interesting. Please confirm that this one can display Thai and have Eng-Eng dictionary look up?

What accessories are included?

I try the check out with USPS shipped to Thailand, the shipping charge is ok for me.

For Pocketnews, will it retrieve full-content of feed or just a short paragraph?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocketnews.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	38623  

Last edited by bthoven; 11-06-2009 at 03:26 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:59 AM   #7
hare
hare began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, can you please tell me whether the battery for the PocketBook 360 is user replaceable?

If so, can these batteries be bought from the online store and shipped internationally too?

Thanks for the reply
hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Ordered one! Thanks for the heads up! One question: The microSD card are they SDHC?

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Ordered one! Thanks for the heads up! One question: The microSD card are they SDHC?

Ellen
Thanks, Ellen, I saw your order

The MicroSD card are MicroSDHC
they are very tiny-tiny-tiny
Old 11-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #10
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hare View Post
Hi, can you please tell me whether the battery for the PocketBook 360 is user replaceable?

If so, can these batteries be bought from the online store and shipped internationally too?

Thanks for the reply
At the moment they are 'service-replacable', i.e. we change them in our service centers.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #11
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Hi,
Very interesting. Please confirm that this one can display Thai and have Eng-Eng dictionary look up?

What accessories are included?

I try the check out with USPS shipped to Thailand, the shipping charge is ok for me.

For Pocketnews, will it retrieve full-content of feed or just a short paragraph?
Thai - yes, absolutely, as well as any other language, everything depends on the font that you install.

En-En Dictionary: actually PBs do not come with it, one has to buy his/her own, convert it and install, but for you I will just install couple of them)))

So far PB360 is sold 'as is' with no accessories: just the device and the USB-cable. I'm planning to go up from standart version to "comfort" and "elite" in some time soon, that would add a MicroSD card, carrying case, wall charger, wrist lash etc.

PocketNews - retrievs the whole feed. Does not work with Macintosheas thoug. Yet.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Would you please do a "what's in the box" post? I was looking at the website and did not see it listed out. It may help people decide if they want to purchase the standard package now, or wait for the comfort or elite packages you mentioned rather than have to do an accessories order later. From looking at the posted pictures I drew the impression that the charger, wrist leash, etc. were standard so someone else may make the same mistake. And will those accessories be available seperately later? I really want a user-replaceable battery so I will not be ordering a 360, but I am still quite curious.

SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Wow! I just got an email that my reader has shipped. That was quick. I don't mind waiting for the accessories to become available. In the meantime I can decide if I even need or want them.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #14
tufrostie
Enthusiast
tufrostie began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1100, PocketBook 360
Just placed my order too! Can't wait for it to get here.

I didnt see any return or warranty information on th website, can you tell me were I can find that info?
tufrostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufrostie View Post
Just placed my order too! Can't wait for it to get here.

I didnt see any return or warranty information on th website, can you tell me were I can find that info?
Warranty is 12 months, you can return/replace if something is not working properly.

I'll ship your order tomorrow).