Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 AM   #31
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Almost all companies are very secretive about the details of unreleased products, firmware, software, etc. Ectaco isn't doing anything different, although I do think they should provide a change log with each new firmware.
Many small companies maintain their own forums with an active presence. I think it would be a good idea in this rapidly expanding market, especially when competing against the likes of Sony and Amazon.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #32
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Many small companies maintain their own forums with an active presence. I think it would be a good idea in this rapidly expanding market, especially when competing against the likes of Sony and Amazon.
You mean like this one?

http://www.ectaco.com/ectaco-forums/show/45.page
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #33
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
No, not like that?!

Very helpful. Thank you. I couldn't find one mentioned at all on Jetbook.net.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #34
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalvaggio View Post
jgray: Thanks again for sharing this info. Much appreciated!
nice Avatar
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #35
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Here are my observations--

Improvements:
-TXT bug fixed
-Remnants of the 'y' in 'By Author' gone
-Definitely faster throughout

Things that still aren't working as expected:
-Text from books doesn't take the entire screen. In non-PDF files, there's a progress bar on the right-side of the screen. It doesn't extend to the bottom of the screen and neither does the text!
-Justification settings still aren't sticking for me. Quickest way to change it to full justify is to type 6, 4, 2, in an eBook. Menus are still a bit slow, even though the overall speed is faster as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know whether jetBook uses FBReader?

Bottomline: It seems like some of the bugs from 33c have been ironed out and this version would be worth using if you are still on 30i. ePUB support is much better.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #36
akira28
Nameless Being

JB v33G

33g has cleaned up most of the 33c problems. But it has introduced a new one. The landscape screen refresh is now way too slow. I can see it updating slowly while it crosses the screen from right to left. Also seeing some text/line break problems too.

We still desperately need a menu cursor improvement and more font options (need I say this yet again?), both of which, I would think, should be very easy to fix. Hey, but we are making progress and Ecatco (or whoever) is supplying updates.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #37
bonteku
Interested Observer
bonteku began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tx/Jetbook
deleted original post

Last edited by bonteku; 08-19-2009 at 07:48 PM.
bonteku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #38
bonteku
Interested Observer
bonteku began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tx/Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
33g has cleaned up most of the 33c problems. But it has introduced a new one. The landscape screen refresh is now way too slow. I can see it updating slowly while it crosses the screen from right to left. Also seeing some text/line break problems too.
I had this problem with 33c and it is still there.

Last edited by bonteku; 08-19-2009 at 07:49 PM.
bonteku is offline   Reply With Quote