Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: MRBC: January 09 book vote - Please vote for TWO only.
"The Mote in God's Eye" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle 7 14.58%
"The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells 12 25.00%
"1632" by Eric Flint 11 22.92%
"Little Fuzzy" by H. Beam Piper 7 14.58%
"Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson 11 22.92%
"I, Robot" by Isaac Asimov 8 16.67%
"The Time Traders" by Andre Norton 13 27.08%
"Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein 9 18.75%
"Neuromancer" by William Gibson 7 14.58%
"Red Mars" by Kim Stanley Robinson 5 10.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #46
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
perhaps if we all threw a hissy and demanded a re-count? It works here.......
I think now is the time for the top three revote

Seriously though, ebookstore doesn't have it
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #47
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think now is the time for the top three revote

Seriously though, ebookstore doesn't have it
eBookstore doesn't have what? Time Traders? It is available for free. I put the links in message 34 of this thread.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #48
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
eBookstore doesn't have what? Time Traders? It is available for free. I put the links in message 34 of this thread.

BOb
Heh, I've never uploaded a mobileread book before.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #49
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah... I assumed you meant "downloaded". Anyway...

"For everything there is a first time." -- Spock

BOb
Old 12-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #50
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ah... I assumed you meant "downloaded". Anyway...

"For everything there is a first time." -- Spock

BOb
Indeed. I can never get those two straight.
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #51
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Never mind, lilac, I have and its easy peasy. And I believe I've stated the same thing......."its not here!!

Only to be 'gently' shown the error of my ways......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #52
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
OK - so if there's foot stomping and revoting in the offing, I'll join in , as I'd really prefer to read Time Machine or Snow Crash and discuss them with others (I know I can read them again any time I like )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's the wonder of democracy, folks - things don't always work out the way that you personally would like . I think "Time Traders" is a good read, personally.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #54
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's the wonder of democracy, folks - things don't always work out the way that you personally would like . I think "Time Traders" is a good read, personally.
I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

Someone was hacking into the poll booths!

Sorry sometimes I just can't help myself.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #55
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
You do know we're just joshing, don't you Harry? Of course we'll read whats chosen. And most of us will go on to re-read The Time Machine, also.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #56
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Absolutely no reason why we can't have a separate thread to talk about TTM too - it just won't be an official MRBC thread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #57
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
I only want democracy if things work out my way

(Of course I'm not being serious!)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #58
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I only want democracy if things work out my way

(Of course I'm not being serious!)
Oh, a McCain fan, eh...
Old 12-30-2008, 03:22 AM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Time Traders is ok. But it's definitely not great. To be honest, it's the weakest book in the list.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:20 AM   #60
HarryPigg
Alleged Writer
HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Dammit - arrived too late to give Snow Crash that crucial vote. Aargh!
However, on the brighter side (and I may step on toes here but it's only my opinion) good to see Red Mars bringing up the rear. I thought it was one of the dullest books I've ever read and put me off Kim Stanley Robinson for life. I really disliked that book and there are two sequels too.
I'd safely have it in the Ten Worst Books I've Ever Read list.
HarryPigg is offline   Reply With Quote