Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
"Failed feed" in Linux but no error in Windows

Hello,

I got the "Failed feed" error for this rss feed:
http://www.matichon.co.th/rss/news_article.xml
in Linux (version 0.8.22) but I have no problem to download news from the feed in Windows XP (version 0.8.22). What is the problem ?

Thank you.
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
Hello,

I got the "Failed feed" error for this rss feed:
http://www.matichon.co.th/rss/news_article.xml
in Linux (version 0.8.22) but I have no problem to download news from the feed in Windows XP (version 0.8.22). What is the problem ?

Thank you.
Are other feeds working in Linux?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
A more complete error log might help as well- see the job details for the failed feed in the jobs window. It should list why the feed failed in the first place.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

I got this error message in the epub file:

Failed feed: Politics
<urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known>

When I run urllib2.urlopen directly in Python, I got this error:

Code:
>>> import urllib2
>>> a=urllib2.urlopen('http://www.matichon.co.th/rss/news_article.xml')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 391, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 409, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1170, in http_open
    return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1145, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known>
>>>
What is the problem? Please suggest me.

Last edited by aruangra; 10-22-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
aruangra
Connoisseur

The problem was solved!
I added the following name servers in /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 4.2.2.2
nameserver 8.8.8.8
Advert