Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: MRBC: January 09 book vote - Please vote for TWO only.
"The Mote in God's Eye" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle 7 14.58%
"The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells 12 25.00%
"1632" by Eric Flint 11 22.92%
"Little Fuzzy" by H. Beam Piper 7 14.58%
"Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson 11 22.92%
"I, Robot" by Isaac Asimov 8 16.67%
"The Time Traders" by Andre Norton 13 27.08%
"Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein 9 18.75%
"Neuromancer" by William Gibson 7 14.58%
"Red Mars" by Kim Stanley Robinson 5 10.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
January '09 Book Vote

Please vote for TWO selections only. There is no technical way to enforce this so it is on your honor.

I will set the poll to run for 5 days hence.

BOb

Woops... can someone edit this to say 09 instead of 08!!! And edit the poll title to say January 09. Thanks.

Last edited by pilotbob; 12-22-2008 at 10:13 AM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Woops... can someone edit this to say 09 instead of 08!!! And edit the poll title to say January 09. Thanks.
sorted.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sorted.
Thanks... your a doll.

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
In for Time Machine and Snow Crash.

I'm prejudiced, I want it to be a book from my 1001 list...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
In for Time Machine and Snow Crash.

I'm prejudiced, I want it to be a book from my 1001 list...
That's cool. I just don't know what to vote for this month. They all sound like such good books. And I haven't read any of them yet.

BOb
Advert
Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
That's cool. I just don't know what to vote for this month. They all sound like such good books. And I haven't read any of them yet.

BOb
Vote for Time Machine! I really want to read it, I read Island of Dr. Moreau recently and now I want to read all of his stuff.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Vote for Time Machine! I really want to read it,
Of course you can read it even if it doesn't get the popular vote.

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
Banshay
Banshay began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise-1150, Sony PRS-505, Iphone 4, Ipad 1st Gen
Quote:
Vote for Time Machine! I really want to read it, I read Island of Dr. Moreau recently and now I want to read all of his stuff.
I wouldn't be surprised if The Time Machine wins out just by being a safe second choice for everyone. My #1 was The Time Traders.
Banshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Of course you can read it even if it doesn't get the popular vote.

BOb
shhh....no i can't.....

Old 12-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I voted Snow Crash (well I nominated it, of course I'm going to vote for it!) and Time Machine

Vote Snow Crash for January!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

FYI: For those looking for a free book...

"The Time Machine", "1632" and "Time Traders" are all available as free downloads.

BOb
Old 12-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do think War of the Worlds would be a much better choice then The Time Machine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I voted for 1632 and Little Fuzzy. 1632 because I've not yet read it and I've been meaning to and Little Fuzzy because I have read it but not for a very long time and I don't recall much about it except that it was a good read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
FYI: For those looking for a free book...

"The Time Machine", "1632" and "Time Traders" are all available as free downloads.

BOb
Little Fuzzy is as well.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Little Fuzzy is as well.
Thanks. I did not know this. From where? Baen?

BOb