Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
evilord
evilord began at the beginning.

Device: funbook
Kindle for android Problem !!!

I am new to android... I brought 7 inch tablet running android 4.0 i installed kindle for ebook reading.. application opens smooth and i was even able to read book.. but my problem is there is no option on top of apps for changing font, even when i long press on word nothing opens but i read in net that dictionary will open.. more over i was not even able to highlight words.. so in short i was not able to use kindle application feature other than reading ebook.. but all works smooth in aldiko.... pls guide me to correct my error... why i was not able to to select or use dictionary.. Also kindly specify other best ebook reader with dictionary.. Thanks in advance
evilord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
IIRC the dictionary doesn't download until you try to look something up the first time (although it you can't highlight/select something I'm not sure how you'll initiate that). If you highlight one word you should be asked if you want to download the dictionary IIRC.

As for changing fonts you can't, the Kindle app only offers one font. That is to say you can change the font size (under view options in the menu), but not the font face.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
evilord
evilord began at the beginning.

Device: funbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
IIRC the dictionary doesn't download until you try to look something up the first time (although it you can't highlight/select something I'm not sure how you'll initiate that). If you highlight one word you should be asked if you want to download the dictionary IIRC.

As for changing fonts you can't, the Kindle app only offers one font. That is to say you can change the font size (under view options in the menu), but not the font face.
Thanks for your reply.. but problem is i can able to select text in adobe reader but i was not able to do that in kindle apps and also not able to bookmark any page.. if click it just flip to other page
evilord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilord View Post
Thanks for your reply.. but problem is i can able to select text in adobe reader but i was not able to do that in kindle apps and also not able to bookmark any page.. if click it just flip to other page
When I long press on a word in Kindle for Android the word definition comes up, along with other options such as highlight text.

To bookmark a page you need to press lightly in the center of the screen. Then you'll see the blue bookmark icon in the upper right.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote