Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
spoudaios
spoudaios began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Where to submit articles ?

Hi guys,

I need help from writers in this forum. Does anyone know where I can submit personal essay health articles online at a reliable website? I submitted my first essay at ezine.com but I find that it might not be such a good idea afterall. It seems the writers there seem to write in order to improve the numbers of visitors on their site (i.e. perhaps to promote sales or advertise their own site).

I don't have any personal websites or anything like that. My goal is to help educate others without creating bias.

I've never published my own essays before but I kinda like writing and I will get more on it.

Thank you
Spoud.
spoudaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
You can, of course, create your own blog. You can do it for free at Blogger.com .

I used to write articles for eHow, but the writer's community got a little out of control, so they folded that into their Demand Studios site, which has an approval process - which is true of nearly all of them now. A lot of article writers like Suite101 and Associated Content.

Camille
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
spoudaios

Thanks DaringNovelist!

Those are great advice. I am not a freelancer writer looking for big publicity or anything like that. I just got requested by some doctors in Indonesia with whom I volunteered with to write some health-related articles. I am a community clinical pharmacist who has great interest in health education.

I believe the suite101.com seems to be the correct choice for me.

What do you think I should do with my article which has been posted at ezine.com? Do you think I can request them to remove it so that I can post it at suite101?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
You'll have to ask Suite 101. I believe they do not accept reprints, but I don't know for sure.

However once you are accepted by Suite 101 (or some place else) you could put a link to your articles or profile there in the author info area of your eZine article. Or you could publish it somewhere else.
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
spoudaios

Good idea. I hope I can just link the article to the ezine website for the first one I published there.

Thanks again!!
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
spoudaios

On 2nd thought,

Suite101 seems to be for writers that rely on writing to gain income. I am not looking for a job in writing.

What I am looking for is an unbiased one where I can publish my article.

Any suggestions/ideas?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Do you want something reputable or do you want to just publish it to publish it? If the former, I suggest you go to the library. Look at the medical/health professional journals. You can also send it to the mainstream magazines like Muscle/Fitness.

If you're afraid of rejection or being refuted, then just self publish and be done with it. Buy a domain like "bestmedicaladvice.fm" or something. Then just post your article.

-This message does not mean to imply that all self pub's are afraid of rejection or whatever other silly things people think
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote