Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #631
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi,

I haven't answered because I talked too soon. I changed a parameter (device to sync) in the default list and the problem didn't exist anymore.... but the list didn't work I removed the plugin, remove the .json file, installed the plugin again, set up the default list, and the list works again... but I have the same error again...

I think I have to restart calibre in debug mode and get all the info I can collect.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #632
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Now it works and no problem with the library It should be a corrupt file...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #633
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I've tried searching the thread, but didn't see this problem. Please forgive me if I've overlooked it.

My friend is running version 1.38 of Calibre Portable. It doesn't seem to list "Reading List" as an available plugin. Am I overlooking something simple or does this plugin not work with the portable version of Calibre?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #634
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
I've tried searching the thread, but didn't see this problem. Please forgive me if I've overlooked it.

My friend is running version 1.38 of Calibre Portable. It doesn't seem to list "Reading List" as an available plugin. Am I overlooking something simple or does this plugin not work with the portable version of Calibre?
@wawasteele - it should be there, in the Get new plug-ins list you can click on the Plug-in Name title to sort by name.

If you can't see it then it's probably already installed. Look in Preferences->Toolbars->The main toolbar and see if its in the Available actions list

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #635
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@wawasteele - it should be there, in the Get new plug-ins list you can click on the Plug-in Name title to sort by name.

If you can't see it then it's probably already installed. Look in Preferences->Toolbars->The main toolbar and see if its in the Available actions list

BR
It showed up today after her computer was totally shut off last night. I have no idea why a warm boot and restart of Calibre Portable didn't work yesterday, but today, after the cold boot, it works!

Thank you very much for the reply. Without it I might not have tried again today.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #636
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

The beta has been updated. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2876126 for the latest version.

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-18-2014 at 02:02 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #637
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Calibre 1.42 32bit
Windows 7 64bit

I installed the plugin and added some books to a reading list. It seems fine but when I choose to restart in debug mode from the dropdown arrow next to preferences, calibre hangs on restart with the logo up. Normal restarts are fine and normal startups are fine, but Ctrl-shift-R to restart in debug mode causes calibre to hang. This did not happen when I installed the new Favourites Plugin.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:13 AM   #638
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just tested with calibre 1.200 and 1.33 portables, restarts in debug were fine and functionality fine

The 2 portables I'm using for testing do not have any existing plugins installed.

BR
Old 07-09-2014, 01:26 AM   #639
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I first removed the reading list plugin and was able to restart in debug mode so I removed both the Favorites plugin and the reading list plugin then reinstalled each and I can now restart in debug mode.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:56 AM   #640
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Added : Tested on 1.43 64 install version with my real libraries - no problems works fine
Old 07-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #641
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

If you could integrate the changes I submitted previously but which where never to my knowledge officially introduced it would be nice
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #642
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengian View Post
If you could integrate the changes I submitted previously but which where never to my knowledge officially introduced it would be nice
@sengian - No disrespect but the current task is to make all official versions of optional PI's Qt5 compliant, so that Kovid can release a new version of calibre that uses Qt5.

I make extensive use of the standard edition of this PI, I don't have a performance problem and I have no need for a French translation. So I prefer to wait for kiwidude to do the changes re the new database backend for all of his plugins.

You might want to take note of the what's happening in the Modify plug-in. Rev. Bob created a 'branch' of that PI, he is planning to release a Qt5 compliant versions of that 'branch'.

Cheers BR
Old 07-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #643
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sengian: At the moment, no. At the moment I don't want to take anything extra on. When the dust settles from the Qt5 change, maybe we can revisit this.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #644
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@sengian - No disrespect but the current task is to make all official versions of optional PI's Qt5 compliant, so that Kovid can release a new version of calibre that uses Qt5.

I make extensive use of the standard edition of this PI, I don't have a performance problem and I have no need for a French translation. So I prefer to wait for kiwidude to do the changes re the new database backend for all of his plugins.

You might want to take note of the what's happening in the Modify plug-in. Rev. Bob created a 'branch' of that PI, he is planning to release a Qt5 compliant versions of that 'branch'.

Cheers BR
I don't especially care, I will do a diff once the unofficial version of Qt5 is ready.
Personally, I have what I need and I submitted the changes for other people who may want localized plugins, if nobody is interested fine. I just find that's a pity once the job is done it is not even possible to have a review and integration.

Bob as you said will release a branch but if everybody do the same and is accepted in the official list of plugins, then we will have forks of forks but Ok as I said not my problem.
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #645
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

sengian: I completely agree. Which is why I said "when the dust settles". I know kiwidude is busy with work and hasn't had any time for his plugins. He was very happy for others to make these patches to keep them going.

As to your changes, including them is a good idea. I looked when you mentioned them and they are just a little more than I want to deal with right now. I'll be happy to go over them, but not this week. And we need to talk to kiwidude about including them.