Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
jcburn
jcburn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook & Boox60
Unhappy Books on Nook Color not found

I downloaded all my e books in my B&N library to my Nook Color . I want to transfer them to my PC. Calibre sees the nook as a device, but finds no books to copy to the library on the PC . In the latest version of Calibre, the preferences tools also do not match previous posts in the forum.

Should I expect it to take some time (over 5 minutes) for calibre to see the books on the Nook, or do I have something set incorrectly.

Thanks for any help you can give. I want to have ALL my books on my PC now that B&N is not allowing access to your online library if the credit card associated with the account expires.

Thanks again, jim
jcburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Have you tried the Nook for PC app? If I remember correctly the app saves the books to My Barnes & Noble ebooks in your Documents folder in Windows 7. From there you can drag them into Calibre and save them in your Calibre library.

Last edited by jersysman; 11-28-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Corrected name of Nook app
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
B&N do not make purchased books available over the USB connection.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
jcburn
jcburn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook & Boox60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Have you tried the Nook for PC app? If I remember correctly the app saves the books to My Barnes & Noble ebooks in your Documents folder in Windows 7. From there you can drag them into Calibre and save them in your Calibre library.
Thank you for this idea, I tried it and it imported them into Calibre perfectly !

Thanks for the responses gentlemen,

jim
jcburn is offline   Reply With Quote