Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #16
hondamarlboro
Enthusiast
hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Kindle4, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
update: Kindle3 operation is now supported.
Wow! I'll try it and share later. Thank you!
hondamarlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:11 AM   #17
Polvo
Enthusiast
Polvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G
I found that I needed to make a few changes to the ini file to get some things working.
Polvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 02:27 AM   #18
Polvo
Enthusiast
Polvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Here are some of the lines in the INI file that I changed for the K3:
D = #';' "debugOn"
N = #'~' "usbNetwork"
E = #'~' "exec"

This one doesn't work however:
B = "google.com" #'/' "notebook" #'/' "m" #'/' "search" #'?' "q" #'='
The forward slashes don't show. Any idea why?
Old 10-17-2010, 03:48 AM   #19
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polvo View Post
This one doesn't work however:
B = "google.com" #'/' "notebook" #'/' "m" #'/' "search" #'?' "q" #'='
The forward slashes don't show. Any idea why?
the type of input string is fully defined but its first token and
cannot be changed within the string definition.
So, defining
Code:
B = #"google.com/notebook/m/search?q="
will help.
Also, the leading 'Del' will prevent the first 'g' from being capitalized:
Code:
B = #'Del' "google.com/notebook/m/search?q="
WRT {DNE} definitions -- sample launchpad.ini file uses KindleDXG syntax, which is different.

HTH,

h1uke
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #20
Polvo
Enthusiast

Many thanks h1uke, that works much better now. Its not perfect as the URL is not always "typed" correctly by LaunchPad.

Is there a way to enter ;debugon with an ENTER at the end of the command? I can't get it to work...
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Note that you could also simply call /test/bin/usbnetwork instead of doing the whole debugOn/usbNetwork/debugOff thing .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #22
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polvo View Post
Is there a way to enter ;debugon with an ENTER at the end of the command? I can't get it to work...
_any_ key name defined in keydefs.ini.default can be used in hotkey seq definition,
i.e. in your case:
Code:
D = #';' "debugOn" 'Enter'
will work, but for convenience, and due to existing bug in a code, the correct definition would be:
Code:
D = #'Del' ';' "debug" 'Shift' "on" 'Enter'
Using plain linux shell commands(i.e. '!'-type hotkey seq) is a good advice.
In most cases this way you can avoid touching that weird Amazon stuff at all.
Please feel free to ask if uncertain how to do that.

I'll try to fix a captalization bug and "typing" timing in the next release.

HTH,

h1uke
Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #23
hondamarlboro
Enthusiast
hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Kindle4, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
launchpad is wonderful!!

@h1uke Thank you for your great jobs. I confrimed launchpad does work on Kindle 3 WIFI nicely. Especially, shell commands with Kindle's keyboard are amazing features!

A littel and quick question.
"0 = @SHIFT-0.sh" in your sample launchpad.ini is available on Kindle3? No numbers key are Kindle3, so I didn't confirm these hotkeys.

Anyway, thank you for your great job, again
hondamarlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #24
h1uke
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondamarlboro View Post
"0 = @SHIFT-0.sh" in your sample launchpad.ini is available on Kindle3? No numbers key are Kindle3
that's correct, there's no numeric keys on Kindle3 keyboard.
These keys are emulated in hardware. Pressing "Alt"+"Q", for example, gives "1" ..
Even the fact that the "Alt" key was pressed is not delivered to the software level.
You can experiment with the "Alt"+"upper-row-key" sequences and see what your keyboard is capable of.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:23 AM   #25
maitreyabodi
maitreyabodi began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Thank you for this. I'm using this to quickly enter a long sting of numbers.

However, number 1 doesn't seem to work.

Z = "123456789" enters 23456789, without the number 1.

How can enter number 1?

Thanks again.
maitreyabodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #26
Rinzwind
Connoisseur
Rinzwind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G UK 3.03
Thanks for this program. I am going to install it now and see if I can prevent my keyboard letters from fading a little longer
Rinzwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #27
h1uke
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by maitreyabodi View Post
Z = "123456789" enters 23456789, without the number 1.
How can enter number 1?
I assume you're trying to inject a kindle string. If so, just put the Del at the beginning:
Code:
Z = #'Del' "12345678"
there's nothing special about the "1" on kindle3, any leading symbol will be affected by kindle's original search box.
Leading 'Del' just neutralizes this effect.

HTH,

h1uke
Old 11-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #28
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
no effect?

Hi, sorry for a newbie question, but what can I do to troubleshoot this. I've installed the script successfully on my Kindle 3g (3.0.3, jailbreaked), launchpad process seems to be running, I can use launchpad-init to re/start it, but absolutely none of the predefined hotkeys seem to work (SHIFT X just types X into the search box, etc., as if no launchpad was ever installed).

Thanks for any advice!
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #29
Polvo
Enthusiast

Its not shift x but shift followed by x, do not press the keys together!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:47 AM   #30
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
how stupid can I get at times... Thanks!
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote