Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 03:56 AM   #1
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Barnes & Noble eReader app

I don't know if this is new news, but on one of my newsfeeds this afternoon, the following popped up:

http://appshopper.com/books/bn-ereader

"B&N eReader

Love to read? Always on the go? Now Barnes & Noble, America’s #1 bookstore, makes a world of books as convenient as the iPhone in your hand.

Just download the new, FREE Barnes & Noble eReader app and you can have a great book with you any time, any place.

You’ll have access to over half a million eBooks, including bestselling authors like Stephen King, James Patterson, Dean Koontz, Stephenie Meyer, Charlaine Harris, and more.
..."

It's a free app.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 07-17-2009 at 03:59 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:11 AM   #2
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Thanks for that will have to take a look, I just hope it's not US only...

I particularly like the line: In short, we're not just a new chapter or a new stanza, we're a whole new story that's going to kindle a real revolution in reading.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 06:04 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I'll have to check that out. I wonder which formats they sell.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I particularly like the line: In short, we're not just a new chapter or a new stanza, we're a whole new story that's going to kindle a real revolution in reading.
wow, i can't believe they put that in their text !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I'm sure it's on purpose, but as a joke it's a bit 'too easy', it falls a bit flat.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh, i'm sure it's on purpose as well, it's too obvious to be an accident. i'm just surprised they would do it because usually you want to avoid mentioning the names of your direct competition, if only to avoid giving them some free publicity... plus i wonder how amazon will react when they see that !
Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Looks like US only. The PC version is an Apple App addon to Itunes. Doesn't look all that great. Of course I don't have Itouch or Iphone.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm installing it now.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm going to install it as soon as I get a clear signal for my Wireless card.

***Grumble grumble damned steel box hospitals...***
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh, i'm sure it's on purpose as well, it's too obvious to be an accident. i'm just surprised they would do it because usually you want to avoid mentioning the names of your direct competition, if only to avoid giving them some free publicity... plus i wonder how amazon will react when they see that !
In this case I think it's a blatant attempt to get on the search results page when people search the App Store for "Kindle" or "Stanza".
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Meh, no thanks. I read the FAQs and it functions similarly to the Kindle app. You can only load ebooks bought from B&N. It also uses PDB (same as eReader?). *sigh* It seems all these big companies are intentionally trying to fracture the market and claim the biggest chunk for their own. Don't they realize that this lack of unity is one of the reasons ebooks aren't more popular?

I think I'll stick to Stanza for now and hope that Amazon doesn't butcher it.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 07-17-2009 at 01:58 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
In this case I think it's a blatant attempt to get on the search results page when people search the App Store for "Kindle" or "Stanza".
haaa, of course. sneaky.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
B&N site now has a "Format" for ebooks.

Look in the left frame under "Formats".
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
B&N site now has a "Format" for ebooks.

Look in the left frame under "Formats".
hm, for the moment you get zero results when you click it... still, that's promising.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is this just eReader rebranded?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote