Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #106
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Cool... let us know what you scored. I heard one time they contained an HDTV.

BOb
Someone got one this time too.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #107
tippymn
tippymn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Ok, so mine arrived yesterday, but I had a midterm paper due last night and so I didn't get to play with my new toy until today. There is alot I love about the Kindle and some that I don't. But it is a beauty and having to only pack one bag today instead of two was priceless!!
I have tried to convert some PDF's using Mobi...it flips it upside down what is up with that?? Calibre will do the ones without images good, but a lot of my textbooks have charts and images, and then PDFread, it converts it so small I can't read it. It will take some time to get the hang of what will work best.
Now just to wait for my skins from decalgirl and I will be good until M-Edge cover is in stock.
Now back to playing with this until my class starts!
tippymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #108
DawnLeeOwens
Enthusiast
DawnLeeOwens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
What is M edge and is decal girl a site for the decals?? It came in, I like... just confused with the sample of a book, if you don't want it, how can you delete it? The google/web feature... Does it work, I entered mobileread, but I couldn't get to the site... User error???
DawnLeeOwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #109
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
You can delete a sample (or a whole book) at the HOME level. Put cursor at the book, toggle LEFT on the toggly-thing, and press down on the toggly thing to verify "Delete". If you delete a book you actually purchased (not a sample), it stays in your amazon account and you can re-download it later, if you like.

M-edge is a brand of cover - search on Amazon. Very nice covers.

www.decalgirl.com has very nice skins (decals) to prevent minor scratches. Mine arrived just yesterday.

I think one enters www.mobileread.com/mobiguide to download the "book" which is, in fact, a list of what books are available. Then you just click on one of the books, and it automatically downloads straight to your Kindle. You can also download books to your computer, and push them over with a USB cable.

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 03-05-2009 at 02:19 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #110
DawnLeeOwens
Enthusiast

Thank you....Thank you.... How do I check Kindle mail on the K2? Any info on which libraries have the best selection from https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBoo...ng_Libraries??

I can't figure out how to browse the web on K2, can I??
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #111
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnLeeOwens View Post
Thank you....Thank you.... How do I check Kindle mail on the K2? Any info on which libraries have the best selection from https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBoo...ng_Libraries??
What do you mean, "check kindle mail". I don't know what you mean by that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #112
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
If you mean files you emailed to the Kindle for wireless delivery, they'll just show up.

You can access the web browser from Menu -> Experimental and click on Basic Web.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #113
DawnLeeOwens
Enthusiast

I feel stupid now..... I thought I couldn't click Basic Web.... Thanks.. I thought my Kindle Mail yes emails I sent to Kindle email address would show up, but I haven't seen them... Weird.... The Home Page????
Old 03-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #114
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
There are other ways to get to the web browser too.. you can go to the Kindle Store and then type in a new URL, or type @url into the search box.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #115
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I feel stupid now..... I thought I couldn't click Basic Web.... Thanks.. I thought my Kindle Mail yes emails I sent to Kindle email address would show up, but I haven't seen them... Weird.... The Home Page????
AH. Yes, stuff you mail to your self will show up on your Kindle's home page.

You have the wireless turned on I assume.

Did you approve the email address you are sending the email from in your Manage My Kindle page on Amazon?

BOb
Old 03-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #116
DawnLeeOwens
Enthusiast

OH GOODNESS...didn't realize that the company that bought us changed our e-mail suffix. I still see my old version, so I had to update Amazon.... Thank you sooooo much!!! Now, if I can only figure out how to download these library books... I read the doc, but, I am a little slow I guess....
Old 03-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #117
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Now, if I can only figure out how to download these library books... I read the doc, but, I am a little slow I guess....
You'll get it. No hurry. I assume you know about our Vlsual Kindle Guide?

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Visual_Kindle_Guide

BOb