Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
drmathprog
Connoisseur
drmathprog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'

I just installed the latest version of Calibre and am using it for the first time on my brand new PRS-505. I'm getting this:

'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\__init__.pyo", line 141, in dispatch
File "main.py", line 592, in books_uploaded
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 151, in add_books_to_metadata
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 455, in add_books_to_metadata
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'

I saw this on a thread from September, and I got the impression it was a bug that was subsequently fixed. Is that not the case? Any advice on how to proceed?
Thanks for such a nice tool.
drmathprog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
drmathprog
Connoisseur
drmathprog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I just discovered that the ebooks are in fact being transferred to the main memory of the PRS-505 (I have no memory card at the moment), and correctly so as far as I can tell. The error message seems to be spurious.
drmathprog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
make sure you wait for the spinning hourgalss to stop after connecting the reader, before sending and books to it
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote