Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Herman2604
Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: KOBO GLO
How to start customizing the GLO?

Hi all, Im Herman from Belgium got my GLO a few days back and as with all devices i like to customize it to the way I want it, not the firm i bought the device from . :-)

I read and searched about info on how to tweak it but i have a few questions i hope they will be answered because they are prob noobish ones.

I downloaded the tweaks file, put it on the GLo in the .kobo dir, after restart nothing happens and file is gone.

Q: Is this because i just put it there with the explorer instead of accesing thru TELnet session?

I read about the Kobotweaks.ini file.

Q: Is this file generated when the above succeed or do i have to manually create one?

These are my 2 questions, hope they are not to Noobisch

greetz.
Herman2604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The install worked, but Tweaks was made for a older firmware, so you have to tell it that it is compatible. Create the ini file and put this in it:
Code:
[Global]
compatFirmware=2.5.1
Replace 2.5.1 with your current firmware.
More info: https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/wiki/Kobo-Tweaks
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Herman2604
Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Herman2604 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: KOBO GLO
Ah thx for the quick reply, im one step closer now :-)

I have on the startup screen a option for Tools, there i can select:
Browser
Chess
Tweak Settins -> yay!
Reboot

In the tweak settings i can select
Home Menu
Diversen -> her i can select to remove advertisments , nice!
LED indicator.

So now its only adding lines to the ini to get more functions working?

greetz!
Herman2604 is offline   Reply With Quote