Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Bother in Burmeon by S.P. Moss

Click image for larger version

Name:	MRCover.png
Views:	254
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	84303

The Bother in Burmeon: A Boy’s Own Adventure for the 21st century boy – or girl.

The Bother in Burmeon, by S.P.Moss, published by Circaidy Gregory Press.

With more than a nod to Biggles and other Boy’s Own classics, it’s a ripping yarn choc-a-block with beasts, bombs, baddies – and some jolly good chaps.

Author Susan Moss was inspired to write The Bother in Burmeon while writing a biography of her RAF officer father for friends and family. She says: ‘while I was writing the biography, my young son started asking questions about his granddad, who he had never met. One of those delightful “what if?” questions flitted through my mind and with it, a lost world of danger, dirty deeds and derring-do. The Bother in Burmeon was born.’

Publisher Kay Green says: 'There is a subtle magic here. The book matches the demands of modern 9-12s fiction and the main character is very much a 21st century boy but, without interrupting the action, the story speaks eloquently of a long-forgotten beauty – not fantasy, not ancient history, but something you and I had forgotten was magic: a Britain where country roads were bright and welcoming, where cars, motorbikes and aeroplanes – not to mention their pilots – still had an aura of adventure about them. And on top of all that, it’s laugh-aloud funny.’

Susan says: ‘The Bother in Burmeon' is a work of fiction, deliberately set in a fictitious land. For me, it’s a tribute – not just to my father and his generation, but also to the kind of books that I – and quite possibly “Grandpop” himself – loved to read: books that made childhood an adventure.’

Available from Amazon US, Amazon UK, and Amazon Germany

Soon to be available in ePub.

Last edited by AlexBell; 03-21-2012 at 09:38 PM.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote