Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
geoff65
geoff65 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Orizon
Very slow book selection, paging, goto

Hi,
I've just sent of a support request to Bookeen.
After nearly a year of regular use without pbs, my Orizon has started to hangup, leaving no option than a reset.
I tried reformatting my internal memory but to no avail.
I connected via Wifi to enet and my firmware was updated to 3.1.
Now I find that it takes 15-20mins to select a book from the library, and when I have it open it takes 15-20 mins again to do a goto page.
Am I the only one to have this pb.

Geoff
geoff65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Well, the orizon have never been really fast, but 15-20 min to open a book is definitely not normal. The worse i've seen was 1-2 minutes, because of a really badly codded ePub.

have you tried with an other book ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
geoff65

Just tried another book like you suggested Eowyn, lo and behold we are back to normal, why did I stubbornly insist with the same book which evidently must be badly coded!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But that badly codded ?? wow !!

Go into the option, and un-select "use editor style" (not sure of the exact wording), might help.

Out of curiosity, what book is that ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 12-02-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
geoff65

not sure I understand your reply (these cmds are within Calibre?)

Quote:
Go into the option, and un-select "use editor style" (not sure of the exact wording), might help.
I can send you the book if you like

Geoff
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 04:07 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard

Yeap, just out of curiosity.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff65 View Post
not sure I understand your reply (these cmds are within Calibre?)
No, it's within the Orizon. In the main menu, either in "settings" or "layout" (or whatever they are called) there is an option to use (or not) the book styles. I think it's the top option of its submenu, but I don't have the Orizon here to test. Disabling the book styles can make the book look ugly, as you are basically disabling most formatting, but it can help in finding out the reason for the slowdown.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote