Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
Ephraim
Enthusiast
Ephraim began at the beginning.

Device: ibooks
Indents! Please Help!

I do not want my first line in the paragraph to have indents because my images above line up with it and then are offset when i sync it into my ibooks. I do not know how to change it. Please someone explain it to me.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
I do not want my first line in the paragraph to have indents because my images above line up with it and then are offset when i sync it into my ibooks. I do not know how to change it. Please someone explain it to me.
Find the line in the CSS for the Class assigned to the paragraph (code view) the says:
text-indent: <some_value_there> and change the value to a simple Zero. Leave the trailing semi-colon if there is one.
Save
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
Ephraim
Enthusiast

Indents

I just looked and I honestly didnt see anything with text indent. Any other suggestion? In the yellow code or other code?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just looked and I honestly didnt see anything with text indent. Any other suggestion? In the yellow code or other code?
The yellow (gold)code is in the book. Look in the Styles portion in the book browser for the style sheet(s)
The clue to where in the style sheet will be from looking at the paragraph in question (you might not want to remove ALL indents in the book.
Code:
<p class="calibre1">
in this case, you would find "calibre1" in the style sheet and set the text-indent: to 0 (or possibly add that line if indents were done at a more outer layer.)
Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
Ephraim
Enthusiast

Indents

Thank you. I think I got it figured out. The reason I have to remove all indents was because all my chapter heading and images were lining up with the first line in the paragraph that of course had indents. Then when I sync to ibooks the text is right but the images are offset. I would had preferred to not have to remove the indents of the text but I didn't know how to fix the images not being centered. Is there a work around to have both the images and chapter headings centered on my ebook reader and still have indents in the text? Your help has been appreciated.
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thank you. I think I got it figured out. The reason I have to remove all indents was because all my chapter heading and images were lining up with the first line in the paragraph that of course had indents. Then when I sync to ibooks the text is right but the images are offset. I would had preferred to not have to remove the indents of the text but I didn't know how to fix the images not being centered. Is there a work around to have both the images and chapter headings centered on my ebook reader and still have indents in the text? Your help has been appreciated.
Make a NEW class (name) in the CSS
Code:
.noindent {text-indent: 0}
Now use this WITH the existing class to override the indent by placing it after
Code:
<p class="calibre1 noindent">
see how they are now both inside the quotes separated by a space?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
Ephraim
Enthusiast

I'm sorry I'm new to all this. But I learn quick. Where do I put the first code ".noindent {text-indent: 0}"
Old 11-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I'm sorry I'm new to all this. But I learn quick. Where do I put the first code ".noindent {text-indent: 0}"

In the CSS for the EPUB. (change the name of the new one if there is already one that does something more/different.)

put the original indent back to what it was.

Then modify the tags that you DO NOT want indented.
The Obey the LAST order given rule applies her. So the first says Indent and other stuff, BUT you also have a style that says "No indent", which overrides the previous order (to indent), but keeps all the rest.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
Ephraim
Enthusiast

Ok....I'm starting fresh. I just reopened my epub with the indents already in the code. The images and chapter headings are already inserted but are of course indented with the text. Where do i go from here?