Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
sent in my reader to the service center and they replaced it with a new one which doesn't have the same problem. works great now. atze try doing the same if you can.
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #17
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiprose View Post
ok this problem is peculiar indeed. this is the 5th day i've had the same result of the reader not working when i'm trying to use it sitting on the living room couch with the sun behind me and blinds shading me.

HOWEVER...

when i let the sun in, the reader works magnificently just like it does in my room on evenings. this led me to believe that the reader works only in a well lit environment (since the sun is obviously more powerful than artificial light). i tested this hypothesis by sitting in my closet in the dark to use the reader... and it works there as well -.-

LO AND BEHOLD... when i close my blinds i have the problem again... yet it can work in my dark closet.
I agree with Ripplinger - that really doesn't sound like normal behaviour. I use my T1 mainly at night, with quite a low light to avoid disturbing the OH, and it works fine, just as it did in bright sunshine on holiday. I haven't noticed any difference at all in the responsiveness (although I must say I haven't been lurking in any dark cupboards! ). Sounds to me like you've got a lemon - take it back and exchange it.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #18
atze
atze began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiprose View Post
sent in my reader to the service center and they replaced it with a new one which doesn't have the same problem. works great now. atze try doing the same if you can.
Thank you for posting back multiprose. I'm happy to hear that it is fixed for you. I'd like to do the same with mine.

What is the process for getting it replaced?
Can I return it to the store where I bought it?
Do I need to talk to Sony first...?
How long were you without your reader?

Last edited by atze; 02-10-2012 at 06:43 PM.
atze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
atze
atze began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks for your suggestion to replace it, multiprose.

I just want to let you all know that I brought the reader back to JB and had it replaced within about 5 minutes. That's what I call customer service!

The new reader is a joy to use, under any light conditions.
atze is offline   Reply With Quote