Kindle DX Release Date: Summer 2009
Kindle DX Price: $489.00
Kindle DX Leather Book Cover: $49.99
Ditto
GJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #32
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
what I want to know is does it have a glass screen or is it one of the new flex screens does not seem to say anywhere so my guess is glass.
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #33
bazzz
Enthusiast
bazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad Pro
Screen resolution is 1200 x 824 pixel, pretty good for A4/Letter PDFs, not enough (imho) for daily newspapers....
bazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #34
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
USA only, I presume? A pitty.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #35
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
LAB126 raw .pdf

I'm amazed at the raw .pdf used as their Quick Start Guide. Looks like someone forgot to "print to .pdf"...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KDX_QSG_pdf-raw.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	28513  
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #36
Digriz
Digriz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505/kindle 2/dr1000
pre-ordered! My Kindle 2 looks sad, now...
Digriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #37
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Link to the manual

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle/KindleDX_Users_Guide.pdf
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow View Post

first come, first served ... I hate that sound.
It sounds so, so....egalitarian.
This sarcastic response was not approved by Veruca Salt.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #39
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
good news to all of those who wanted a kindle2 ( ::coughmecough:: ) I am sure to find a cheap one online soon and maybe I can gift a K1 this christmas!! =)
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #40
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I'm amazed at the raw .pdf used as their Quick Start Guide. Looks like someone forgot to "print to .pdf"...
WOW! Nice find.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #41
BinaryTB
Connoisseur
BinaryTB is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
No left hand controls (unless you do a 180 flip)* and it's huge compared to the Kindle 2 (minus for me, portability is key)... BUT it does PDF. Decisions, decisions.

(*I would find it annoying to flip it, reading on the train I switch hands with my Kindle quite often when moving around)
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #42
vivlio
vivlio began at the beginning.

Device: none
@Alexander Turcic:
Will they ship a 3g version of it in Europe,for us too,or like the previous Kindles 1,2 it's USA only?

@people:
In which ways do you think plasticlogic's might be better?
I don't care about the price, I need an A4 screen size ebook reader.What does Plasticlogic might have more, that Kindle DX lacks?
I just read DX's specification but plasticlogic has nothing on their site.Thanks.
I hate irex,never would use them, ans WiFi is a must 4 me.
vivlio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #43
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
From their specs, looks like you can hook up a USB cable and transfer, hopefully more than just "Audible's" books and mp3s.
If you mean books, yes, it's just like Kindle 2 in that regard. But if you mean non-MP3s or non-Audible.com audible books, then no.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #44
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sooner or later all e-readers will have to pump up their screen sizes. Prices for E Ink will go down as demand further increases. It's like with cell phones. Look at the displays from five years ago and compare them with those of today.

I say the next 9.7" e-reader will come directly from Netronix or from Sony.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #45
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivlio View Post
[B][I]@Alexander Turcic:
Will they ship a 3g version of it in Europe,for us too,or like the previous Kindles 1,2 it's USA only?
Hi vivlio,

Unfortunately, I have no information in this regard. But as things stand right now, Amazon is selling the Kindle only in the US where it has already established the Whispernet service.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote