Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #16
skdutta
jojobar
skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Excellent! Is twenty minutes going to be enough time?
Not sure if 20 minutes is enough! maybe I will try to increase it if I do not see all the magazines downloaded!

BTW: The ability to read magazines in a non-html format is just great!
skdutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skdutta View Post
Is there any example on how to use ebook-convert to download magazines that I see in calibre? I will be interested to learn.
The section of the manual Starson17 linked to earlier, specifically the part on ebook-convert and recipes. Here are some other tips from the manual.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-20-2010 at 10:05 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #18
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by skdutta View Post
Is there any example on how to use ebook-convert to download magazines that I see in calibre? I will be interested to learn.
ebook-convert myrecipe.recipe mybook.epub

Built in recipes are in the resources folder. You can also save them out from the GUI. Ebook-convert is entirely stand-alone and independent of the GUI and the library. After you create an epub, it's not in the library. You must put it there if you want it in the GUI. See the link I gave you for CLI tools to do that job if needed.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, magazine