Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Android now tied with iPhone in consumer interest

Initially catapulted by the high-profile marketing push surrounding the Motorola Droid, Android sales have been on a nonstop rocket ride upward. Smartphone users are now snatching up more Android phones than iPhones -- despite what certain turtleneck-loving CEOs may imply -- and the ratio shifts further in Android's favor with practically every passing month.

Now, a new report finds Android has essentially matched the iPhone when it comes to overall consumer interest. If recent trends are any indication, it won't be long before Apple's prized product is eating Google's dust....

See: http://www.pcworld.com/article/20669..._interest.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Gotta love this - Microsoft must be really gnawing on its liver at the moment.

Invasive spreading like this is always going to help the acceptance of things like Linux and open-standards (I don't mind commercial software) more and more.

Now, if we could just get SVG and WebM standardised on all browsers too

Paul
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I'm a convert, Initially I left because of At&t but after having my Droid X for about a month and half, I find I'm loving it more and more. I can't explain it, maybe it's the way I can customize my home screens, the fact I can get exicted about updates without having to buy a brand new phone. I love the Widget aspect of the Droid X, though I think that may be more oa motoblur skin but I do like it.

It seems like you discover more fun things about your phone the more you dig into it.
Don't get my wrong I LOVED my iPhone but looking back the Droid is just so much more fun.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:53 AM   #4
Jakie
Connoisseur
Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Blackberry playbook and Q10
A vs A

The whole android vs apple thing cannot be reduced to one thing. For me, cost vs applications, vs total control, vs operator ability to open the device's software seem to be some of the issues. AS an article I read last week (getting old, I cannot remember where) , pointed out, Apple is heading down the same path they did after the original Mac surge. They were almost bankrupt shortly thereafter becase they would not relinquish any control over their product or software. Sound familiar? I just hope that Google does not fall into the same trap.
Jakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:18 AM   #5
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie View Post
Sound familiar? I just hope that Google does not fall into the same trap.
Google has the advantage that at least a lot of the system is in the open-source realm and they (Google) are rather active open-standards participants.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert