Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #181
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
PB302. FmW 15.2.

May I ask if someone can point out how to configure in-mode reading. I dislike the lack of margins in an epub book. There is no menu option to do this, as described in the 302 manual; I have a zoom option instead.
u seem to open the epub with the adobereader. What format does the epub have ?
If it is other than PDF, u should navigate to the book and then hold the OK button. Then the menu should show "open with" instead of "Open".

Then choose "FBReader" for reader option. In the menu within the book there are many options, also margin.
For the best options u should install this

To make FBReader default reader, install also the cfg from here
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:52 AM   #182
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
thank you -

the epub is from MR - interestingly it looks better formatted in adobeviewer than in fbreader.

Thanks again, and not to worry, I'm still learning .....

May I ask what the fbreader link is. I don't seem to be able to find out what version is already loaded.

Last edited by GeoffC; 06-10-2010 at 06:55 AM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #183
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
PB302. FmW 15.2.

May I ask if someone can point out how to configure in-mode reading. I dislike the lack of margins in an epub book. There is no menu option to do this, as described in the 302 manual; I have a zoom option instead.
Hi

What is in-mode?

Two possibilities for you:
1) Download the ADE hack with the userstyle.css
2) Read your books with FBReader 180 where you can finetune your preferred margin
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #184
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
In order to see what version of FBReader you're running, you should open a book with FBReader and go to "settings" and click "About book".

The newest FBReader hack is located in its sticky: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65865

It's quite normal that AdobeViewer-opened books look better, since Adobe Viewer doesn't ignore the CSS codes inside of the file. However, people value more the customization capabilities of FBReader.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #185
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
In order to see what version of FBReader you're running, you should open a book with FBReader and go to "settings" and click "About book".
Done that..

All I have are :
File name
Type
Title
Author
Size
Written .

No info on fbreader version ...
Old 06-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #186
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Done that..

All I have are :
File name
Type
Title
Author
Size
Written .

No info on fbreader version ...
Below of what u said should be the version info.
But I think u did not use the downloaded fbreader. What was the name of the reader fbreader or fbreader180.
The Firmware opens the new only if it is named FBreader without the 180

When u use the cfg, u must also make shure that the FBReader is without the 180. The newest version should be ok, it is stored without the 180. Its in the link i postet above.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #187
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Below of what u said should be the version info.
Just checked again, and no there is no further info in the box.

Quote:
But I think u did not use the downloaded fbreader. What was the name of the reader fbreader or fbreader180.
The Firmware opens the new only if it is named FBreader without the 180

When u use the cfg, u must also make shure that the FBReader is without the 180. The newest version should be ok, it is stored without the 180. Its in the link i postet above.
I've done nothing, yet with the cfg ...

Only downloaded the FBReader180 app
Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #188
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:

How are you opening the book? Via the long-press menu (Open with) in the bookshelf? Via the last read list? Or just activating it in the bookshelf?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #189
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
How are you opening the book? Via the long-press menu (Open with) in the bookshelf? Via the last read list? Or just activating it in the bookshelf?

Via the long-press which gives me two options, PDFviewer and FBReader ... and then picking the latter.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #190
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Oops!

Last edited by brainycat; 06-10-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: forum foul! I didn't read everyone else's answers before I added my own. Unfortunately, I have nothing new to add.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #191
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Via the long-press which gives me two options, PDFviewer and FBReader ... and then picking the latter.
pdfviewer and fbreader?
Oopsy!
Are you sure it isn't Adobeviewer. pdfviewer sounds seriously funky!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #192
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Quote:

Rename it FBReader.app NOT FBReader180.app.
The PB will NOT find the FBReader180 without changes in the cfg.
The cfg u downloaded is also written to use FBReader.app NOT the 180

Also "Open With" will not work if the name FBReader180.app is used.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #193
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
So, is the 15.2 version now official?

http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...de_ws_15_2.zip

However, the 'How to upgrade firmware' thread gives a link as this...

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/Downloads.html

...which still only has 15.1 available on the page.

Given that there are a number of PocketBook web pages, and a number of MR firmware threads (English and German), perhaps someone can provide the definitive place to get the latest release firmware? And perhaps the PocketBook web pages in Europe, Russia and US can be made consistent?

Putting the info in the firmware sticky would seem a logical place.

Anyway, my whinging aside, how are people finding the PB360 15.2 firmware? I believe the ADE reader has been improved significantly - how are people finding it and how stable is the 9 June 15.2 relelase (link above)?

Cheers...

EDIT: I see the http://www.pocketbook.de page has the 9 June 15.2 firmware officially listed, so I guess that's probably a good sign, although if you change language to English it bumps you to the US page which has 15.1 only.

Last edited by orwell2k; 06-11-2010 at 05:38 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #194
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post

http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...de_ws_15_2.zip

However, the 'How to upgrade firmware' thread gives a link as this...

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/Downloads.html

...which still only has 15.1 available on the page.

Given that there are a number of PocketBook web pages, and a number of MR firmware threads (English and German), perhaps someone can provide the definitive place to get the latest release firmware? And perhaps the PocketBook web pages in Europe, Russia and US can be made consistent?

Putting the info in the firmware sticky would seem a logical place.

Anyway, my whinging aside, how are people finding the PB360 15.2 firmware? I believe the ADE reader has been improved significantly - how are people finding it and how stable is the 9 June 15.2 relelase (link above)?

Cheers...

EDIT: I see the http://www.pocketbook.de page has the 9 June 15.2 firmware officially listed, so I guess that's probably a good sign, although if you change language to English it bumps you to the US page which has 15.1 only.
Sigh (for 15.1)! Yes they do. Comes from not being able to acce3ss that part of the site.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #195
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
pdfviewer and fbreader?
Oopsy!
Are you sure it isn't Adobeviewer. pdfviewer sounds seriously funky!
Aye probably .... it was getting late in the day for clarity ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Presumably as it was loaded into my new 302 .... ?