Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #31
teejcee
Enthusiast
teejcee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G & Paperwhite
Thanks DoctorOhh... I'll take a closer look at your method.

Cheers

teejcee ( ex RAAF )
teejcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #32
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Sorry the plugin is actually the User Category plugin (http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=118934) I just use it for Genre. Using it with the Restrict To feature has just made it so easy to maintain one library.
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #33
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
We have made progress on this.

I have implemented the ability to use rules very similar to column coloring rules to put icons in cells on calibre's spreadsheet. The rule can choose whether or not to leave the text in the cell. For example, you can put a "star" image next to any title that has a tag "favorite".

You will be able to use this new feature to create columns that are only icons. For example, you will be tell calibre to use some image in your column if the text is "!", and another image if the text is something else.

You need to give calibre an image file to use. You can get image files by searching for icons. Another way to create the images is to find/display something you like, do a "screen capture", and save the result as an image.

Just to play, I used the new feature to add some icons to the author column of a test library full of fake books. One rule adds a down-pointing triangle if the énum column contains a 5, an up-pointing triangle if the author contains an "i", and a "bug" if the author contains an "e". The attached image shows the result. The second attachment shows the rules.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	100186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	100187  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #34
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

I am so excited! When can I download it???
Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #35
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
I am so excited! When can I download it???
Probably on Friday when the next calibre release is out.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #36
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

The code is now committed to calibre's source trunk. If someone runs from source and is willing to test it a bit, I would appreciate it. It would be nice to avoid silly errors.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #37
tarisea
Zealot

Chaley I was looking at your samples above. Will one of the rules be "does not contain"? That option will be extremely useful.

I have no idea how to "run from source" or I would offer my help to test. I look so forward to incorporating this new feature into my library.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #38
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
Chaley I was looking at your samples above. Will one of the rules be "does not contain"? That option will be extremely useful.
The conditions available are exactly those available for column coloring. They depend on the type of the column the condition is based upon. For text columns (not like tags), the choices are "is", "is not", "matches pattern", "does not match pattern", "is set", and "is not set".

Try playing with coloring, using different colors to represent different icons. If you able to set the color of the text in a column to the "right" color then you will be able to set the icon for that text to the "right" icon.

Coloring rules are defined at Preferences/Look & Feel/Column coloring.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:53 AM   #39
kevinrs
Enthusiast
kevinrs began at the beginning.

Device: nook
After the update, on clicking the Add Rule button on the column icons tab, this error occurs:
calibre, version 0.9.17
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'C:\\Users\\****\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\cc_i cons\\*.*'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\coloring.py", line 728, in add_rule
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\coloring.py", line 309, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'C:\\Users\\****\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\cc_i cons\\*.*'

Apparently that folder was not created.
kevinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #40
tarisea
Zealot

Chaley I just installed the update. You are amazing. Thank you so much for this. Its perfect.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #41
tarisea
Zealot

Btw. I got the same error that kevinrs got. I just created the folder manually and it worked great.
I also wanted to tell you that if people are looking for icons this is a great site <http://www.iconfinder.com/>

I do have one question. If there is a column that is a date and you want to say <is less than> <today>. The column is looking for a date, how do I tell it today, whatever today is.

This is fun. Easy and fun. I love it. Thank you again.

Last edited by tarisea; 02-01-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just create the missing directory in the error message manually and you should be fine. I'll upload a fixed build in a little bit.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #43
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

@tarisea: There isn't any way to check for "today". It seems to be a reasonable thing to do, so I will look at adding it.

@kovid: thanks for making the fix. Clearly I never tested it on a clean install.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #44
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Question Tri-state T/F

I tried to replace just the icons used for my read column with 32x32 icons (green_spot, red_spot from the Oxygene set)
True green_spot, no text
False red_spot, no text
(undefined)

no change seen, even after a restart
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #45
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I tried to replace just the icons used for my read column with 32x32 icons (green_spot, red_spot from the Oxygene set)
True green_spot, no text
False red_spot, no text
(undefined)

no change seen, even after a restart
You probably have "use checkmarks" set on the column. That checkbox wins.