Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Cathy_G
Cathy_G began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Please help - Calibre not downloading properly

Hi - I posted this to the wrong forum last night so apologies.

I tried to download the latest version of Calibre to my Windows XP laptop for the very first time a few nights ago. When it started to launch I got a "Bad Database Location" message but even though I suggested several different locations it eventually shut down. Someone suggested I should uninstall it, delete the c:\program files/calibre folders and start again which I did but again the same thing occurred.

I would really appreciate help from anyone who is more computer literate (it wouldn't take much!) than me.
Thank you.
Cathy_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Follow the instructions in the first bullet point here:

http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ing-on-windows
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Cathy_G
Cathy_G began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much. I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.
Cathy_G is offline   Reply With Quote