Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
elburks
elburks began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader
Time & Date Updates Not Saving

Santa brought me an EZReader for Christmas. Very nice. I downloaded and installed the new firmware (6" EZ Reader Astak 12/22/2009). Everything works fine with the exception of the date and time. I'm able to go into "Settings" and use the arrow and number keys to enter the correct date and time, and it works as long as the power stays on. However, when I power down and restart the time reverts to "12:12" and the date to "17.12.2009". Is this a firmware issue? Do I have a defective EZReader?
elburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
That is the expected behavior for this device. When you turn the power off, the clock is also turned off and so the device can no longer keep time. (Apparently, the V5 does not have a separately-powered "real time clock" as many computers do.)

The alternative is that you will not power down, just lock the keyboard. This puts the device into a low-power state that nonetheless continues to run the clock chip. In key-lock state the power usage really is very very tiny, so this is a good option.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by elburks View Post
Santa brought me an EZReader for Christmas. Very nice. I downloaded and installed the new firmware (6" EZ Reader Astak 12/22/2009). Everything works fine with the exception of the date and time. I'm able to go into "Settings" and use the arrow and number keys to enter the correct date and time, and it works as long as the power stays on. However, when I power down and restart the time reverts to "12:12" and the date to "17.12.2009". Is this a firmware issue? Do I have a defective EZReader?
That is the way it is supposed to work (Yea! I know)...

You don't need to power off normally as the power draw is very small when not turning pages.
Lock the screen by a short press of the power button to prevent unwanted page turns (and power draw, servicing the other button press that will be ignored because of the lock).
Un-lock the screen the same way you locked it.

Enjoy your new PEz
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Try FAQ sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
That is the expected behavior for this device. When you turn the power off, the clock is also turned off and so the device can no longer keep time. (Apparently, the V5 does not have a separately-powered "real time clock" as many computers do.)

The alternative is that you will not power down, just lock the keyboard. This puts the device into a low-power state that nonetheless continues to run the clock chip. In key-lock state the power usage really is very very tiny, so this is a good option.

Dear Sim:

I am heading out the door to Las Veas for CES and have a plane to catch. However, I did update the FAQ sheet on Wednesday (last day of work) before I left. I think they have it posted up now.

Please try that. It is: www.theEZreader.com under "support". There is new info in there on the clock.

Basically, do not forget to hit the large black "OK" button after you set the time and date. That serves as the "enter" button!!

Let me know if this does not help. No, I am sure the problem is not the device! You can also email to: support@astak.com! They, also, will be leaving for CES in Las Vegas on January 5.

Thank you!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
elburks
elburks began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader
Thank you. Good to know.
elburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert