Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
escritora61
escritora61 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
kindlebook to epub error

I was able to open the sample kindle book in Calibre and convert it to epub and it seems to work fine on my Sony PRS-T1 with no problem, so I bought the full book, but I'm getting this error message when I try to open the actual book in Calibre or convert it to epub:

No file contains pos: 7948002604

It seems to be working fine in the kindle computer program.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
escritora61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Is the book you bought DRM'd?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
escritora61

How do I tell that? (I have several books that I have purchased and then loaded into Calibre and Sony that seem to work fine.)
Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Most, but not all, DRM free titles will say Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited in the Product Details area. If it doesn't say that there's a good chance it has DRM and won't convert unless you remove the DRM (Google Apprentice Alf).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
escritora61

Okay, thanks, and this one has a limit of five. I updated my plug-ins and tools to the newest version and I also updated Calibre and it seems to be working fine now.
Advert

Tags
kindle, mobi, mobi kdp epub conversion