Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
sawbuck
sawbuck began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic sn 1010
Unhappy nookReader (gReader) app problem

I'm not sure where this question should be asked but I've left the problem describe at:

http://code.google.com/p/nookapp-goo...glereader%3A32

which seems to be where the code originator addressed issues when active. I'm not sure if this is still a live app but if anyone out there has or is using it perhaps you can help me.

Here's what I left at the issue site:

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Go through install OK
2. Appears on Home menu
3. Starts and goes to login screen

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?

I enter my user and password at approoriate entry point and leave the label as "nook" and click submit. I expect my google reader feeds to appear - they do NOT. Instead I get "I'm sorry, login was unsuccessful"

Please provide any additional information below.

I've uninstalled app several times and it does the same each time. I went into google reader on google site and changed a feed name to "nook" and the same still happened.

What am I doing wrong????

That explains the problem. I have verified I can access my google account and the reader- which I use on my desktop - and even changed the password to it and tried several times. I always get the same reaponse and no access to the feeds from my nook.

Since every effort to use the various web browsers to do news and other text info sites ran into the eink nook's inherent lousy browser performance I really would like to use a different tool for reading them.

Is there a solution to this or a better way to get news, etc. feeds without crippled web browsing with the classic nook?

Could REALLY use the help......
sawbuck is offline   Reply With Quote