Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #31
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I worked for many years in the UK's nuclear power industry, and we used to regularly get protesters outside our site. One particular protest group, who used to turn up on quite a regular basis, always amused me because they had a large sign that said on it "WIMMIN AGAINST NUKES" .
The use of the word "Wimmin" was a political and rhetorical move on the part of the protesters - to avoid having their gender defined in relation to men - as the word "women" does...it is argued. It certainly wasn't a typo.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:32 AM   #32
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Drake View Post
Oh, come on folks. Give us a beak.
Chiken or Turnkey?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #33
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I can understand a minor typo or two in a decent sized document, but if you are sending a document to a potential client, that you hope to make a big chunk cash from for an extended contract... at least higher a burger-flipping English grad student to edit it. Sheesh!
I'll edit your posts for a reasonable fee.

"... at least higher a burger-flipping English grad student to edit it."

hire

Or were you being sarcastic?

Nevertheless, I LOL-ed, so some karma for you

Edit: Ho. Hmmmm... repeat this sentence 100 times:
"Refresh the page before posting a reply. You could be late."

===

Edit2: It does make me remember one of my most epic typo's ever: forgetting a complete diagram the size of half an A4 in my thesis, and quite an important one at that. Like this:

"Blablabla, blabla, blaa.... please see the diagram below."

(Half a page of whitespace)

The document went through several people who checked it for various things, and STILL that rather epic omission was never caught. At my final grading, my assessor said:

"The second assessor has added only one remark with regard to your work."
"What diagram was supposed to be on page 18?"

Me, thinking: "Page 18? Architecture..."

"That's the part that talks about architecture of the application. There should be a diagram explaining the architecture there."

There wasn't

I had put a placeholder image file there (completely white), and never replaced it... and the mistake only got caught by the very, very last person to see that document, ever. Luckily my assessor was satisfied with me showing him the diagram on the laptop. I actually put it into the document and recreated the PDF from LaTeX on the spot, so I could give it to him for the school archive

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-04-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #34
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Edit: Ho. Hmmmm... repeat this sentence 100 times:
"Refresh the page before posting a reply. You could be late."
The post you quoted was made on 07-09-2012, at 09:09 AM. Reading the 3 pages of existing replies would have been more effective then refreshing.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #35
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
The post you quoted was made on 07-09-2012, at 09:09 AM. Reading the 3 pages of existing replies would have been more effective then refreshing.

Didn't actually see that either.

That's what you get for opening 20 tabs, leaving them for a day, and then just start replying one by one. Oh dear.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert