Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #46
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I think it's in the ADW launcher settings.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I just installed the new stable edition and can't figure out how to get five slots in the app dock on the bottom of the page. I'm still at three, but I have seen screen shots with the five slots.

Can anyone tell me how to add the two extra slots?
Menu --> Settings --> ADWLauncher --> UI Settings --> Main Dock Style --> 5 Icons
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #48
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Many, many thanks.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #49
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I apologize in advance - I am a newbie at working with my Nook Color, and I suspect I have missed something really basic. I'm a bit more than beginner at this sort of thing, but not much more. I can usually carry out other folks' instructions pretty well (i.e. successfully de-branded and rooted my Android phone) but don't do any programming myself.

I am trying to set up my NC to boot CM7.1 (update-cm-7.1.0-encore-signed) from the SD card, while keeping my stock BN firmware (1.3) in case I decide I want it or need it for some reason.

I have followed verygreen's "size-agnostic" instructions (twice!) and have apparently successfully managed to get as far as getting CM7 on the SD card. Both times I looked at the card with some partition software I have and it created the partitions as verygreen says it should: "more than 2G cards gets: 460M system, 975M data, rest is FAT for sdcard." It also still has the original "boot" partition.

However, when I now put the card back in my NC and try to boot from the card, I get a screen with the little Linux penguin, and it seems to carry out actions similar to that which ran the first time - it appears to be looking for the installer, but doesn't find it, and then just sits there, rather than boot to Android.

I do have the newer NC, with 1.3, and with the different partitioning. I had the impression (although now I can't find the post which gave me that impression) that verygreen's installer should work with 1.3, but maybe something is goofing up there?

Or, I'm wondering if somehow something was supposed to change in the boot partition that isn't changing, something so it doesn't look for the installer anymore?

Or is there something I missed that I need to do, like push the "n" while powering on - although I tried that too.

Anyway, any help would be very very much appreciated!

Last edited by sufue; 11-11-2011 at 12:57 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #50
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Sufue why not just format your card and try it again.

Make sure the image on your card is this one
generic-sdcard-v1.2.img from here

I prefer to write my image with win32diskimager

After it is done remove put in your computer and place the latest encore 7.1 stable zip on the card along with Gapps that goes with it then put the card in and boot let it do its work and after the screen goes black, takes a while to process all the files, press and hold the power button until it starts up. You need to get wifi going before doing your google gapps setup.

p.s. I have had no problems placing the ROM and Gapps on at the same time and it saves a step.

An important thing is when it works make an image of that card and save it so in future if you want to update the ROM to another stable or nightly you simply put the new zip on the card in the boot partition and (after making another image for all your files to be saved) and reboot in recovery mode.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #51
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Sufue why not just format your card and try it again.

Make sure the image on your card is this one
generic-sdcard-v1.2.img from here

I prefer to write my image with win32diskimager

After it is done remove put in your computer and place the latest encore 7.1 stable zip on the card along with Gapps that goes with it then put the card in and boot let it do its work and after the screen goes black, takes a while to process all the files, press and hold the power button until it starts up. You need to get wifi going before doing your google gapps setup.

p.s. I have had no problems placing the ROM and Gapps on at the same time and it saves a step.

An important thing is when it works make an image of that card and save it so in future if you want to update the ROM to another stable or nightly you simply put the new zip on the card in the boot partition and (after making another image for all your files to be saved) and reboot in recovery mode.
I did re-format (that's why I said I tried it twice) and try it again, and it did the same thing twice. And I am using Win32 Disk Imager.

I have been using generic-sdcard-v1.3.img, which verygreen's thread indicates is the latest. Maybe I'll try it with generic-sdcard-v1.2.img as you suggest - although I presume that's older, maybe there's something quirky going on in the generic-sdcard-v1.3.img. But, I sort of suspect not, since both times, after "expanding", it created the four partitions (first boot/FAT, two linux, last/FAT which occupies the rest of the card) exactly as verygreen says it should, which sort of implies the problem is not there.

EDIT: Actually when I click your link, it gives me generic-sdcard-v1.3.img also...I think it has been updated..

The problem is that when I then take my card, which seems to look as it should, and try to press and hold the power button to boot to Android, it seems to want to try to "expand" again, and doesn't boot to Android.

And, I'm using a Sandisk Class 4 as most of the threads seem to indicate, so I'm doubtful the problem is there either.

I'm now wondering if I should maybe try a different nightly, instead of update-cm-7.1.0-encore-signed?

Last edited by sufue; 11-11-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #52
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I'm now wondering if I should maybe try a different nightly, instead of update-cm-7.1.0-encore-signed?
I just tried the nightly cm_encore_full-244 and that worked!

Whew - and thanks to all here who pointed me to the various posts at xda developers and elsewhere!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #53
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I just tried the nightly cm_encore_full-244 and that worked!

Whew - and thanks to all here who pointed me to the various posts at xda developers and elsewhere!
Glad you got it working. Sometimes these things can be very frustrating. That is why I recommend the first thing you do after getting wifi and gapps set up is to make an image of your card and save it on your PC then if anything goes wrong you simply format your card and copy the image and it should just power up. I make it a point to make an image every month or if I download a special app.

It also allows you to just put an updated ROM onto boot and use recovery to try it out and if it doesn't work just format and reimage with your old file

P.S. sorry I mixed up the file name as 1.2. I was to lazy to type it and copied my file name got the link right though.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #54
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
For those that use CM7, can you get access to the FULL Android Market? Or is it limited like when you root?

I like mine the way it is because I prefer the stock reader and home, but somebody else I know would probably want to put CM7 on and I wanted to make sure you could still get a lot of the apps because he wouldn't know how to sideload them and I am 4 hrs away.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #55
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Yep, full market. There were compatibility issues with several apps after Google's last big market revamp a couple months back, but they seem to be resolved for now.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #56
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Ok cool, thanks!
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #57
goldberry
Groupie

Ever since I went to 7.1stable I am finding apps that come up saying they will not work with my device.

A couple I had working before I went up from 7.1RC

WiFi Finder I am sure was working fine.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #58
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Ever since I went to 7.1stable I am finding apps that come up saying they will not work with my device.

A couple I had working before I went up from 7.1RC

WiFi Finder I am sure was working fine.
Have you checked your dpi setting? You may need to change it so it goes from hdpi to mdpi. I believe this means changing the value to 160. Google should point you in the right direction.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #59
goldberry
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Have you checked your dpi setting? You may need to change it so it goes from hdpi to mdpi. I believe this means changing the value to 160. Google should point you in the right direction.
My setting is 160 and CM7.1 stable fixed that problem. But thanks
Old 12-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #60
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I was able to create the card with no issues and it works fine including Google apps. However, when I put my 16GB card in my PC it only sees 191MB of the card. How do I access the rest of the 16GB to put books and movies on the Nook? Can I just delete partition 2,3,4 and stretch partition 1 all the way over or does this break the CM 7.1? Not sure what partition 2,3 are for.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote