Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
philkar
philkar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Version 0.7.33 of Calibre and License to Different User

OKay I have downloaded Calibre and uploaded some ebooks I was sent. They get sent to the Kindle and appear there but I get "This item cannot be opened as it is licensed to a different user" so I searched this error on this forum and what I understand is to rather use Calibre version 0.7.33 but cant find it and when I do on the Net it defaults to the latest version 0.7.43

My questions:

1. Am I doing the right thing as per this this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114026

2. Where can I get version 0.7.33 on the Net or can someone give me a link?

Sorry if I come across really basic but I am just someone trying to get Calibre to upload some book on my Kindle...

Thanks in advance....
philkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This is not a Calibre issue, but a Kindle one! Kindle books are normally DRM restricted which means they are locked to a particular Kindle.

There are techniques to remove such DRM, but discussion of them is not allowed in this forum (but Google is your friend if you want to go this route). In many countries it is also against the law to remove DRM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
philkar
philkar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Much appreciated
philkar is offline   Reply With Quote