Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
case101
case101 began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Cool Kindle Blog Publishing

Hello everyone!

I just got email that my K3 is being shipped..I thought I had another week or two to pick out my Oberon cover!.

btw, I just signed up my blog with kindle blog publishing, it's pretty cool, check it out:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041HXS3Y

Also, you guys are absolutely welcome to do a free trial subscription on your kindle!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
cool ,congrats,
Old 10-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Hey, case101 - cool beans!

I signed up my blog a while ago, but since Amazon puts too high a price (imho) I suspended it. But they lower the price for many blogs. I'm told that if you post frequently (perhaps everyday) they will lower it. However nobody is sure. It might just be that frequent posters also get more traffic, and it's the traffic that triggers the price break.

We'll see.

Camille
Old 10-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
case101

I post about 1 per day on average, they give me an initial price of 1.99,
you're right, i think my blog will attract more subscriber if they give me 0.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaringNovelist View Post
Hey, case101 - cool beans!

I signed up my blog a while ago, but since Amazon puts too high a price (imho) I suspended it. But they lower the price for many blogs. I'm told that if you post frequently (perhaps everyday) they will lower it. However nobody is sure. It might just be that frequent posters also get more traffic, and it's the traffic that triggers the price break.

We'll see.

Camille
Old 10-14-2010, 03:01 AM   #5
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
@case101:
You should edit the title of this thread to include "Geographically Restricted" as (at least) Europeans can not buy/subscribe to your blog.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
So in a world of free blogs, Amazon wants us to pay for some author's?
Old 10-15-2010, 01:47 AM   #7
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
So in a world of free blogs, Amazon wants us to pay for some author's?
Well, they don't ask for you to pay for accessing them as usual - on the web. The pay is for the ability to read it on your Kindle - which may or may not be worth it to you.

(IMHO, the base price is way too high for free content. I wish they'd just lower it to a buck a month and be done with it - or at least let the blog owners set a price.)

Camille
Old 11-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
case101

Amazon just change my blog's subscription price to 0.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaringNovelist View Post
Well, they don't ask for you to pay for accessing them as usual - on the web. The pay is for the ability to read it on your Kindle - which may or may not be worth it to you.

(IMHO, the base price is way too high for free content. I wish they'd just lower it to a buck a month and be done with it - or at least let the blog owners set a price.)

Camille
Closed Thread