Old 01-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
sergiodongala
Connoisseur
sergiodongala doesn't littersergiodongala doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Recomendation about Heading in Sigil

Hi
I just started using Sigil,
and I find it simple and very user frendly.

I just think it should be a big help for the user if you could in a next version
of Sigil, put the heading (i.e. heading 1, heading 2 ...) buttons like in microsoft word 2007, insted of using the drope down menu, where avery time you need
to select a text as a chapter you have to clique in this drope down and select
which heading it is.
If they were like multiple buttons like in word 2007, it would save us alot of time.

Last edited by sergiodongala; 01-05-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: title
sergiodongala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiodongala View Post
If they were like multiple buttons like in word 2007, it would save us alot of time.
It would also clutter up the UI. I don't have the privilege of the Ribbon.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Are there hotkeys for this? Or should there be?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I actually thought this as well. When I created a TOC for a 700+ page book recently. It took forever lol. And I kept thinking if there was no drop down box it would save me a couple of seconds each chapter.

The delay after clicking the header selection for me is like 15 seconds before I can then scroll down to add another chapter. One of the problems is that if you accidentally hit the wrong header (which happens sometimes using the drop down box) you have to wait those 15 seconds and another 15 seconds for the correction. For me it takes 1 minute in down time to create 4 chapters lol.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:28 AM   #5
Evil Overlord
Enthusiast
Evil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Promote/demote

What would be even better is a promote/demote key combo, as in Word. Also, at present:
  • The list box shows only a few styles, not all styles available
  • Choosing from the list box deselects the heading. (If, e.g., I wanted to center this one heading, I'd have to click on the text again before pressing ^E).
Evil Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Overlord View Post
What would be even better is a promote/demote key combo, as in Word. Also, at present:
  • The list box shows only a few styles, not all styles available
  • Choosing from the list box deselects the heading. (If, e.g., I wanted to center this one heading, I'd have to click on the text again before pressing ^E).
For big jobs:
forget the buttons and learn to use REGEX S&R and your stylesheet.

( and keep Notepad (or equiv.) open in another window for code snippets and notes)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Personally, I would recommend that if anyone seriously wants this, they should buy and use Jutoh. Sigil ain't a word processor; it's an epub editor.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote