Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Suv_Chuck
Suv_Chuck began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Exclamation Frozen,Sleeping Kobo+falshing green light

HI,

I have a Kobo Mini. IDK what firmware its running, because I can't check, but lets say its not hacked or illegal. I was reading, then slept my kobo. I came back a couple hours later and it wouldn't turn on. So, I tried a factory soft-reset because this had happened before. Unlike last time, it didn't reset and instead the LED went red, then blue, then flashed green for a minute or 2. Absolutely don't know what to do now.

IDK if this matters, but both digital editions and kobo desktop didn't pick up my kobo. What makes this really strange is that my power bar in which i was origanaly was charging on did detect it and turned the light on to display it was charging.

Hopefully ill get a fix

Suv
Suv_Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
The usual procedure - charge it fully FIRST, using a different USB cable if you don't know whether it's charging.

On/off cycle, just to check if that's fixed it. Simple pinhole reset if it hasn't. Hardware factory reset next (power off procedure no matter what you see on the screen; then hold paperclip in pinhole and keep it held while you power on).
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Suv_Chuck
Suv_Chuck began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Question

[QUOTE=meeera;2546243]The usual procedure - charge it fully FIRST, using a different USB cable if you don't know whether it's charging.

I'm my 3'd Mini usb to usb charger in the house and digital editions and kobo desktop haven't detected anything (Yes, I have used different USB ports). I'm starting to think my port on the kobo is busted, except for the fact that the power bar works whatsoever. Could be the fact that the power bar decter is busted, but that seems a little for out there...

I've also noticed that I have an outdated kobo desktop, I don't suppose this makes a difference?

So can I skip that step, assume its charged and just do a paperclip reset. Side note, do i need a flathead screwdriver to remove the back cover?
Suv_Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suv_Chuck View Post

I'm my 3'd Mini usb to usb charger in the house and digital editions and kobo desktop haven't detected anything (Yes, I have used different USB ports). I'm starting to think my port on the kobo is busted, except for the fact that the power bar works whatsoever. Could be the fact that the power bar decter is busted, but that seems a little for out there...

I've also noticed that I have an outdated kobo desktop, I don't suppose this makes a difference?

So can I skip that step, assume its charged and just do a paperclip reset. Side note, do i need a flathead screwdriver to remove the back cover?
I believe the cover just snaps off. No harm trying a paperclip reset. I'm not sure about just assuming it's charging, though - a fair few problems here are fixed by full charging, not even a reset needed

There's also no harm in updating your desktop software. It's not something I ever open, but some people like it.

If all else fails, is it still under warranty?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #5
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suv_Chuck View Post
I would let it charge for a couple of hours, to be sure it's fully done. Regarding the snapback, I can tell you I wasn't thrilled the first time I removed it. But actually, it's easier than it seems. Start with a corner and work your way through all the sides by pulling gently every inch or so.
You can use your nails (mine are quite short), a pick if you're playing the guitar/the bass or a credit card. Those are less harmful than a screwdriver in my opinion.
Good luck
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert