Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
SangYuP
SangYuP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3; PRS-300
Sony T1 $65 at Target clearance

I just found both white and black T1's on clearance for $65 at my local B&M Target. The first day there were about 8 but when I went back the next day, there were only a couple left. Get them while you can. Good luck.
SangYuP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Sad that this device is being clearanced everywhere already. It been out just over 8 months. All the best buys in my area no longer have them.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Local best buy selling them for $85. they did have them for $75 in May all labeled clearance price.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:33 AM   #4
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
As per usual all of you living in the States win again, sill selling for over $200 here in the UK.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #5
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Australia $170AU
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
PRS-T1 - Black is CA$109.99 at Dell.ca * (free shipping)

Target will soon be opening stores in Canada. I hope they bring with them their aggressive sale pricing strategy.

*edit - in stock last night - temporarily out of stock this morning
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Here in Toronto they were $109.99 for Mother's Day at Future Shop and Best Buy (full price at Walmart), back up to $149.99 everywhere now and no "Clearance" sales anywhere... I had bought one full price the week before Mother's Day (at Walmart) and had to drive around a bit to find one in stock in black at FS and BB. Needless to say the Walmart one got returned
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe the early issues with this device really ruined its sales.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I don't think I'd worry too much about this. We had the same discussions about a year ago but I believe it was BestBuy putting up "clearance" and/or "discontinued" about the x50 readers. Getting rid of all existing stock goes along with introducing a new reader in the fall for Sony.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I don't think I'd worry too much about this. We had the same discussions about a year ago but I believe it was BestBuy putting up "clearance" and/or "discontinued" about the x50 readers. Getting rid of all existing stock goes along with introducing a new reader in the fall for Sony.
I wouldn't doubt if that's exactly what BestBuy is doing (anticipating a new device). As for Target from what I've read besides their new mini Apple stores with iThingys the only type of reading devices they'll be carrying in the future are Nooks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
Tony1988
Guru

Quote:
True. But the reader had been out for a year or more by that time. This one had been out 7 months once best buy started clearancing.

They do have signs that say "new ereaders are coming" next to the empty slots at best buy. So maybe you are right. Funny thing is though it will have to be sooner than fall (in sonys case anyways) because I doubt Best Buy would put those signs up and leave valueable display space empty till fall.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The x50s came out in Sept or Oct 2010. Here's a thread from the end of April 2011 about BestBuy and Border's having them on clearance, and referencing other threads already mentioning the clearances even before this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131279

So the x50s were also starting to be cleared out after 7-8 months.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
Tony1988
Guru

Quote:
The x50s came out in Sept or Oct 2010. Here's a thread from the end of April 2011 about BestBuy and Border's having them on clearance, and referencing other threads already mentioning the clearances even before this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131279

So the x50s were also starting to be cleared out after 7-8 months.
Oh ok. I stand corrected. I bought my clearance 650's last july/august from borders. I remember best buy having them still in July/august as well. I do hope sony comes out with something better. In the way of asthetics the T-1 failed with the bezel and stylus. The 350 and 650 IMO are still the best that Sony has had so far.

Though I may still get a T-1. You cant go wrong for $65.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #14
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
I do hope sony comes out with something better. In the way of asthetics the T-1 failed with the bezel and stylus. The 350 and 650 IMO are still the best that Sony has had so far.
I couldn't agree with you more. I even bought a spare 350 once the T1s came out and I got a look at them in a local store.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
It seems that Sony puts them on clearance for several months. Not like they are gone, but going away eventually.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote