Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
tsam19
tsam19 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Question Kindle WIFI 3G - is it possible to increase screen brightness?

Hello

I have the 4GB Kindle Wifi 3G book reader and have noticed the screen is pretty grey and difficult to read.

I wondered if there is a way of increasing the brightness slightly on the Kindle?

Or increasing the font, making the font darker?

Any hacks or tricks for doing it?

I didn't realise Kindles were worth hacking due to their limited functionality.

Thanks for any tips or answers.
tsam19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Reading under brighter light helps.

Take a look at the font hacks. I've found that some of add-in fonts are easier to read.

Certainly making the font larger will help readability.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Not a hack or a trick, but I have found that the brighter the ambient light is, the whiter the screen seems. I also use the sans serif font on my Kindle Touch because I think it is a little easier on the eyes.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Yes, increasing the font a bit helps. Also, you might get used to it. How long have you had it? It took me a week to get used to my K1, which is more gray than my K3 and the newer kindles.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote