Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 AM   #1036
Buecherwurm92
Buecherwurm92 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
Booxtor:

Is there a bug tracker of some sort?

I have reported 2 issues in this thread (the Suspend > Poweroff issue, where the device fails to shutdown properly, and the PDFreader > Resume from Suspend issue, where the reader stops functioning), and I am not sure if you noticed the reports.

I think it would be a lot easier to keep track of issues with that. Maybe I just missed it?
I have the resume from suspend issue as well with the last firmware, which is why I went back to the previous one. Bad autocrop is the lesser evil for me.
Buecherwurm92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #1037
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Hi, I have noticed another bug with the pdf reflow in the new PDF reader. When I am reading a page in reflow the turn page button doesn't work every third or so click. Typically, this occurs when clicking the button just before you arrive at the end of the page (because in reflow mode at the maximum font size a single page of the PDF can take several page turns on the reader to read completely).

However, if you open a PDF and just rapidly click through the pages in reflow mode this does not happen. It only happens if you are actually reading the page so there seems to be some kind of delay needed before clicking the button. It is really quite annoying because the page refreshes like it has changed but it is actually still on the same spot! If I click the button again then the page will turn as it should.

I have this problem with the turn page buttons on both sides of the device and even when I try to turn the page by touching the screen. So I guess it is not a hardware problem. I have tested it on a variety of PDF files. Most of the time it only occurs when I click to view the last part of the current page on the PDF (usually this works out to be every third click). This is only happening on the PDF reader and page turns work perfect on .mobi files.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I also mentioned earlier that annotations made in PDF reflow mode do not show up when I create a new PDF document using the merge command. Has anyone else duplicated this bug as well?

Oh, and does anyone know how to roll back the i62HD to 1.7? Can this be done by simply installing the 1.7 update on a machine running 1.8? I found that the reflow and the annotations on the beta PDF reader were more stable than on the 1.8.

Ha ha ha, sorry for all the questions.
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #1038
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I hope it is okay that I posted in the M92 forum because I believe that the new PDF reader on the i62HD is the same software as the PDF reader on the M92. Sorry if the above post was in the wrong place.
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #1039
md02439
Enthusiast
md02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheese

Device: M92 black
Firmware 1.8.1 20121113

Bug:
1. when the "Go to page" dialog is invoked and then canceled, the screen isn't refreshed when the dialog disappears

Suggestions:
1. bar tools for the file manager: when in file view the status bar should display file tools (copy, cut, paste ...)
2. page progress bar with page numbers: make the progress bar for pages in the status bar like the one in DR1000's last firmware. Since a picture is worth a thousand words see the attached picture
3. bar tools for the left and right half of the status bar separately: select what you want to be displayed in the left and right half of the status bar separately e.g. general tools left and progression bar right or annotation tools left and zooming tools right
4. global settings for reading: default settings for each file type which can be overridden on a per file basis
5. copy/paste files: when moving files around the .onyx files should follow them
6. scheme for reading options: +1 for ManDay's suggestion link

And a suggestion for the moderators: I think the threads would be more "clean" if there was one sticky for suggestions, one for bugs and one for Booxtor where he would explain issues about the current firmware

P.S. A big thanks to Booxtor for his excellent service

Last edited by md02439; 11-20-2012 at 10:10 AM.
md02439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #1040
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by md02439 View Post
And a suggestion for the moderators: I think the threads would be more "clean" if there was one sticky for suggestions, one for bugs and one for Booxtor where he would explain issues about the current firmware

P.S. A big thanks to Booxtor for his excellent service
A forum thread in general is a very bad way to handle bugs & suggestions.

Have a look at these two bug tracking systems:
http://bugs.pwmt.org/
https://bugs.archlinux.org/

Maybe Onyx or Booxtor could host something like that as well? Would be a lot easier to track and moderate.

Look at this tool: http://flyspray.org/doku.php

Seems to be pretty straight forward to set up.

EDIT: For that matter, one could just as well use the Github issue tracker. For that one doesn't even need to set up anything. Does anyone follow issues regarding general firmware issues there?

Last edited by mSSM; 11-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #1041
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I agree.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #1042
Read&Write
Enthusiast
Read&Write has learned how to buy an e-book online

+1, this is a good idea. Although we already have the wiki-wishlist, it is rather "hidden". Even if a real bugtracker cannot be established for some reason, creating stickies for bugs and feature requests would improve the structure of this subforum a lot.

The relevance of this proposal is underlined by the fact that during the course of the last two weeks, a lot of questions and suggestions have been popping up outside of this thread.
Read&Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #1043
md02439
Enthusiast
md02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheese

Device: M92 black
same firmware as above

Bug:
select 'glyph embolden' and any level except 0 -> select annotations tools and do a sketch -> you won't be able to turn pages

Suggestion:
selecting 'autocrop' levels: instead of displaying a dialog box in which the crop level must be entered, display the current page with a 'frame' (dashed lines like the viewport) displaying where the margins will be cropped; change crop levels with the joystick up-down and confirm with joystick press

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
A forum thread in general is a very bad way to handle bugs & suggestions. Have a look at these two bug tracking systems:
I agree that a bug tracking system is much better, but this issue has come up again and there were no reactions. So I thought that that we might adopt the second best solution.
md02439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #1044
zeng
Enthusiast
zeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Hi guys, I already created a project here
https://app.asana.com/0/2552942697953/2552942698013

You're welcome to report bugs here.
zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #1045
danya2
danya2 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E60, Onyx Boox M92
Bugs list

Quote:
Originally Posted by md02439 View Post
same firmware as above

Bug:
select 'glyph embolden' and any level except 0 -> select annotations tools and do a sketch -> you won't be able to turn pages
I can confirm this... I have the same issue.

----------------------

Hello everybody!

This is my little bugs list:

Firmware version 1.8.1 20121113

Bug n.1:
If you jump to links on the document with relative icon (thanks for adding it) with "Annotation Icons bar" enabled and then return to the previous page with menu\reading\previous view (just unconfortable action! Why not an handy icon on the bar or joystick customizable option for this function?), bar automatically change to "General Icons bar" so you have to reselect "Annotation Icons bar" from menu if you wish to continue your sketch.. this is stressful!!!

Bug n.2:
with "Annotation Icons bar" enabled if you accidentally use the highlight even on a very small part of the document does not contain characters, the document is closed immediately and without prompting and not saving any of the previous highlights and scribbles ... it is painful!

Booxtor, if you can do something... I will never stop thanking you and developers team too.

Last edited by danya2; 11-22-2012 at 01:03 PM.
danya2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #1046
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by danya2 View Post
I can confirm this... I have the same issue.

----------------------

Hello everybody!

This is my little bugs list:

Firmware version 1.8.1 20121113

Bug n.1:
If you jump to links on the document with relative icon (thanks for adding it) with "Annotation Icons bar" enabled and then return to the previous page with menu\reading\previous view (just unconfortable action! Why not an handy icon on the bar or joystick customizable option for this function?), bar automatically change to "General Icons bar" so you have to reselect "Annotation Icons bar" from menu if you wish to continue your sketch.. this is stressful!!!

Bug n.2:
with "Annotation Icons bar" enabled if you accidentally use the highlight even on a very small part of the document does not contain characters, the document is closed immediately and without prompting and not saving any of the previous highlights and scribbles ... it is painful!

Booxtor, if you can do something... I will never stop thanking you and developers team too.
Hi!
Thanks a lot for reported issues - we will fix them ASAP!
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #1047
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Arrow

Hello girls,

here are the problems/bugs i have discovered (v.1.8.1 20121113):

PDF-reader (new version):

Often crop-margin doesn't do the job, because many PDFs have a layout around the text or head or foot signatures. No problem. And therefore using the manual zoom becomes necessary.

But there's a bug:

If selection zoom or two point zoom is applied, the software always jumps into PAPER MODE. It's not possible to activate PAGE MODE. Jumping into paper mode means when switching to the next page, the previous centered area of the page is lost and the zoomed view begins in the left upper corner, instead of keeping the visible region static on the page.

But as a bad workaround scrolling mode can be activated.
But then comes the second bug/problem into play i have recognized:

In scrolling mode, the very convenient dotted lines showing the last border of the screen are not displayed.

And finally a wish:
Isn't it possible to make the tools-menu user definable?
The "go to last view" <- function is really great for quickly zooming in into graphs and jumping back, but it's awful, that it's not available in the toolbox. IMO it is the most important function when reading PDFs: quickly jump back to what you have seen prior.

Last edited by Defenderland; 11-23-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:29 AM   #1048
dkef
Enthusiast
dkef began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Hello girls,
If selection zoom or two point zoom is applied, the software always jumps into PAPER MODE. It's not possible to activate PAGE MODE. Jumping into paper mode means when switching to the next page, the previous centered area of the page is lost and the zoomed view begins in the left upper corner, instead of keeping the visible region static on the page.

But as a bad workaround scrolling mode can be activated.
But then comes the second bug/problem into play i have recognized:

In scrolling mode, the very convenient dotted lines showing the last border of the screen are not displayed.
I concur with the bug. It makes necessary continuous use of zoom controls on the device. And the icons bar keeps changing to the standard icons. Very annoying.
dkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #1049
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkef View Post
I concur with the bug. It makes necessary continuous use of zoom controls on the device. And the icons bar keeps changing to the standard icons. Very annoying.
So do I. I already reported this wrt first version of 1.8 firmware. This behaviour is particularly annoying when reading some academic papers

Temporal workaround until this gets fixed: just switch to old reader .
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #1050
headbam
headbam began at the beginning.

Manual?

Hi there,

i recently updated my m92 to the latest 1.8 Firmware (from 1.6) and got quite confused about the handling in the new pdf reader. Is there some kind of manual somewhere around which helps to get into it?
headbam is offline   Reply With Quote