Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #646
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
None for me - I've flagged it up via email.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #647
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I haven't looked at my B&N account in awhile. However I noticed over the weekend that I'm missing several Fictionwise purchases that had initially transferred. I'm even missing some purchases unrelated to Fictionwise. I download and catalog everything so that's how I can tell for sure. Anybody else notice something similar?
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 AM   #648
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing in my nook account, so I contacted them by email only to be told to contact Fictionwise .....
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 AM   #649
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Nothing in my nook account, so I contacted them by email only to be told to contact Fictionwise .....
The UK nook support will not help with fictionwise transfer. There's no email address to contact. The only way to chase it is to phone B&N:

Quote:
For information on the transition of your eBooks or questions concerning your Barnes & Noble NOOK Library, please contact Barnes & Noble Customer Service at (855) 654-9332 Mon.-Fri. 8am - 11pm EST, Sat.-Sun. 9am - 11pm EST.
I found I could call the number using skype, which meant I didn't have to worry about the cost (i.e. it was free).

I suspect it's not a coincidence that my library got transferred within 9 days of calling them on the 31st January, while I had opted in and got a confirmation email from them by the 21st December 2012.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #650
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I haven't looked at my B&N account in awhile. However I noticed over the weekend that I'm missing several Fictionwise purchases that had initially transferred. I'm even missing some purchases unrelated to Fictionwise. I download and catalog everything so that's how I can tell for sure. Anybody else notice something similar?
I wish I could get a catalogue of what's in my nook account. The nook UK web site won't show more than 32 books. Not 32 at a time — 32 in total!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #651
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Shock of my life this morning. My multiformat books from FW are in my Nook UK library! I need to do a tickback but it looks like most are there, I have around 160/5 out of 176

Last edited by Josieb1; 02-11-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #652
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Shock of my life this morning. My multiformat books from FW are in my Nook UK library! I need to do a tickback but it looks like most are there, I have around 160/5 out of 176
OK, I must be missing something. Where do you find your list of books for your nook UK account?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #653
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The UK nook support will not help with fictionwise transfer. There's no email address to contact. The only way to chase it is to phone B&N:

I found I could call the number using skype, which meant I didn't have to worry about the cost (i.e. it was free).
Which I would do, if I could ....

It'll not have to matter; relying as I must on the copies I have.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #654
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
OK, I must be missing something. Where do you find your list of books for your nook UK account?
I have only viewed my nook UK library using the apple app on both my iphone and iPad. It shows the book covers. I did a rough count of the covers. It can be sorted in recent, title or by author.

My tick back will simply be against the mobi files in my FW folder.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #655
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have only viewed my nook UK library using the apple app on both my iphone and iPad. It shows the book covers. I did a rough count of the covers. It can be sorted in recent, title or by author.

My tick back will simply be against the mobi files in my FW folder.
Ah. That explains it. I didn't have an iOS device that would run the nook software. But I do have one on loan now. I'll see what I can see on that.

Yes! I can see lots more than 32! I think I'll have to investigate whether there's any way to get a text listing out of the iPad in some way. I'm not copying down 1300+ titles/authors from an iPad screen!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #656
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Yes! I can see lots more than 32!
B&N continue to fail to impress.

I can see 56 covers. And the "Syncing Library..." twirls away for a bit and then fails with "A server with the specified hostname could not be found".

Sigh. How hard can it be to transfer book info?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #657
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

I can see 56 covers. And the "Syncing Library..." twirls away for a bit and then fails with "A server with the specified hostname could not be found".

Download the nook app for your computer. Then download your library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #658
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:

Near as I can tell, B&N is printing out all your books, scanning them, and then using an automated pen to write them all out into a handwriting recognition app, which is then converted into an eBook with an out-of-date version of Calibre.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #659
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Download the nook app for your computer. Then download your library.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? The B&N nook app for Macintosh doesn't often work, and it not officially available any more. The B&N nook app for Windows doesn't work with UK accounts.

It's quite astonishing the number of ways that B&N have failed to impress. The only good thing they've done is arrange to get transfers done. The decision to do that was good.

The implementation of the decision, and their UK website/software are appalling.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #660
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
You'd think so, wouldn't you? The B&N nook app for Macintosh doesn't often work, and it not officially available any more. The B&N nook app for Windows doesn't work with UK accounts.
Wow. I finally got nook for Mac to open instead of hanging. (right-click "back", right-click "forward" in opening screen)

And I have 1414 Books in my library. I think two of these are freebies I 'bought' at nook UK.

Now to see if I can get a list if them easily.