Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Special Character searches

I swear, every day that I use Calibre, I'm more and more impressed with it.

There are a couple things that I haven't quite figured out, though, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm just too simple-minded or because they are features Calibre doesn't support.

The one i keep running up against in the last few weeks is doing author searches ("authors:") for names with special characters (eg. Carré or Indriðason or Márquez). Is there any way for me to type "Carre" or "Indridason" or "Marquez" and have them yield the names I want? Or do I have to change all the authors' names to the standard English 26-letter alphabet?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no way to do that, though you can use a wildcard syntax instead

author:~M.rqu.z
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the prompt reply! That should work nicely for the time being.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, search, special chacracters, troubleshooting