Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
PDF to ePub (New line problem)

In the PDF, the text is:
You: Hello, how are you?
Me: I am fine. You?

However when I convert it to ePub this is how it comes out.
You: Hello, how are you?

Me: I am fine. You?

For some reason it adds a break line where it isn't needed.
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Find whatever way you can convert the pdf to html and then import to Calibre. Calibre will then convert to epub with proper formats.
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Have you ensured that the options 'remove spacing between paragraphs' and 'insert blank line' found on the conversion dialog (look and feel tab) are both unchecked when you do the conversion?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Have you ensured that the options 'remove spacing between paragraphs' and 'insert blank line' found on the conversion dialog (look and feel tab) are both unchecked when you do the conversion?
Yes, they're both unchecked.
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote