Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
GMcG
Writer
GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
sigil_not_in_toc

<h4 class="sigil_not_in_toc">

I get this entry for any headline in the html code.
What does it mean and where do I have to edit something?
I have checked stylesheet.css and path and anything seems to be ok.
Thank you.

George
GMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcG View Post

Thank you.

George
Do you want the rest of the tag pair (Text) to be used in the TOC?

You get that Flag when you remove a tick in the TOC editor.

If this is done in error, either remove the Red or use remove the tick at the bottom of the TOC editor and ADD a tick next to the item TO INCLUDE in the TOC.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcG View Post

Thank you.

George
It means that you've used a Header style, but chosen not to include that entry (or that header type) in the Table of Contents. It does you no harm. Leave it alone.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Nobble
Nobble began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Specifically, if you've created a TOC using the automated tool, (having deselected some items it finds in the text that are headers but not for the contents list), this is how that shows up in the text.

if you run the ToC generator again, it uses those "..not_in_toc" class tags to make sure it won't show those headings by default. You can force it to show them in the list, or re-include them in the ToC if you want, by unticking the 'Show TOC items only' tickbox - bottom left of the list window, then fiddling with the tickboxes against each item in the list.

edit: and it does seem to show up at the end of the main stylesheet.css, at least in the current version.
Nobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
GMcG
Writer
GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you all, this was really helpful!
I had removed a lot of headlines (about 140 of 160) when generating the automatic TOC.
So this was the reason.

George
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
This is useful for those of us that use material formatted elsewhere using headers for large type especially on the title page. Untick those, since they don't belong in the table of contents, but who wants to bother reformatting the whole thing just to avoid using them, especially if they look nice.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I didn't like seeing those all the time either. I ended up not using Header tags in my document unless I wanted them to show up in the TOC.

instead of <h5>...</h5>
I would use <p class="....">...</p>

IMO it keeps the document cleaner.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
GMcG
Writer

I followed the advice of Dion and reduced the number of <h4> and other <h> headers to 15 by replacing them by <p> tags like <p class="4">...</p> with p.4 {....}.
But then I made the strange experience, that the browser didn't read any <p> style with number. I had to make it like
<h2> ---> p.2 ---> p.b
<h3> ---> p.3 ---> p.c
<h4> ---> p.4 ---> p.d
and so on.
The only tag with number that's left now is <h4>.
Now It worked. Apparently there was a conflict somewhere, but I didn't find it. And when the FlightCrew said: 'No problem found', I left it like that and the result looks fine. But I would like to know what was wrong.
Any suggestions?

George
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
A class name can't begin with a number which is why it gave an error.

Numbers can't be the first character in id either.

Good going getting rid of all the extra headings.

I think is part of the point some people have made that some tags are for structure, and others for appearance.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
A Long time ago...
People used to use H tags for different sized fonts, not for just 'headings'.

Since they really dont matter, and the really don't add significantly to the overall file size... Why is this being sweated? 99.99% of the book's readers will never even know that is there.

Personally, I dislike the mix of style definitions: CSS, On page (in the <Style>, and in line (style=) a whole lot more.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
GMcG
Writer

@mrmikel
Thank you for making things clearer.
I had copied those <p> styles from a book about HTML formatting and didn't find out what I had made wrong.

George